Ability to reference external files directly or import folders to design root

Yep, @kuligaposten I went back to their forums and found this - Custom Video Embedding: Youtube, Vimeo, or hosted video files | Stopping Audio when exiting the scene - Audio & Video - Tumult Forums so ou are spot on! It is not ideal, but I understand why (BSS hosted sites) why this is currently not available.

Other than that I see the use case @jo-r and others have mentioned. I don’t have a solve for this, but the use cases are valid.

Hi.
Returning to the initial idea of ​​the thread, i comment the following: i think it would be ideal to have a “files” or “myfiles” type folder, created by each design, where pdf, wav, mp3, mp4, etc. files can be uploaded. …if the file is greater than “X” size (which could be set in settings) then it should not be imported, in this way we could refer to the imported “pdf” files.

Thanks

I solved the problem, but I have gratefully had two projects sneak into my life and just wanted to say to the dev team - BSS has saved me again.

Hopefully I will be able to get back to my original slate of projects for 2022 (one of them being BSS to Django@fruitfulapproach I haven’t forgotten about this one).

1 Like

@apowell656

I am just now getting back into webdev. I want to make a jobs portal website (already found the django template on github for that). Now I have to convert it to use BSS :slight_smile:

@apowell656 would you like to alpha test and give me feedback on the template generator fork? I have Win 10 now on dual monitors and have installed BSS. I think everything has to appear in an app folder like Pages/accounts, Images/accounts in the BSS folder structure. I think that’s currently why it’s not writing to the Django project anything. Everything has to be just right for it to work, so we might want to Zoom one another.

I will give it a shot this week and let you know about the experience.

1 Like

Guys can you start a new thread with your Scripting posts as it is off topic of this thread please and thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jo-r not a problem.