Audio/YouTube link

Hello guys. I’m like almost a complete beginner to the app, and I was trying to add in an audio (like a song) that plays in the website by either clicking a button or some kind of interaction. However, I have tried to add in links to youtube under Audio Component - Options - Source, with Mime type set to “audio/mpeg”. I also tried to download a MP3 audio file, but I have no idea on how to import it. Any help is appreciated!

You have edited and changed your question so my answer is no longer relevant

Browser policies regarding audio autoplay have evolved to enhance user experience and prevent disruptive and unwanted sound playback. These policies vary between browsers, but here are some general principles:

1. User Interaction Requirement:

Default Policy: Most modern browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge, have adopted a policy that requires user interaction before autoplaying audio or video. This means that audio or video elements won’t play automatically unless triggered by a user action like clicking a button.
2. Muted Autoplay:

Some browsers, like Chrome, may allow autoplay if the <audio> or <video> element has the muted attribute. However, this doesn’t provide the intended user experience, as the audio starts in a muted state.
3. Background Tabs and Non-Visible Elements:

Many browsers have restrictions on autoplaying media in background tabs or when the media element is not visible on the screen. This is to prevent unnecessary resource usage and improve performance.
3. Previous User Interaction:

Some browsers may allow autoplay if there has been recent user interaction with the site, but this behavior can vary.

4. Media Engagement Index (MEI):
Chrome introduced the Media Engagement Index, which measures a user’s propensity to consume media on a site. Sites with a high MEI are given more leeway in autoplaying media.
5. Secure Contexts:

Browsers often enforce stricter policies for autoplay on insecure (non-HTTPS) connections to prevent potential security risks.
6. Browser-Specific Variations:

Different browsers may have slightly different implementations of autoplay policies, so what works in one browser might not work the same way in another.

Developers should be aware of these policies and design their websites accordingly to ensure a positive user experience and compliance with browser rules. The use of autoplay should be approached with caution, and developers are encouraged to follow best practices, such as providing clear user controls and using media only when it significantly enhances the user experience.

1 Like

I think you can do it if the user has gone to your site, then interact, or something like that. But once at your site you could click to a link and have that page autoplay with this trick. 2023 Autoplay Sound. Does not seem to work if you go directly from somewhere else in the universe to the site page with the music…some quantum regulation ? :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Attempting to circumvent browser policies, including those related to audio autoplay, can have negative consequences for a website. Browsers implement autoplay policies to protect users from intrusive and disruptive experiences, and deliberately trying to bypass these policies is generally considered bad practice and can harm a website’s reputation in several ways:

1. User Experience:
  • Autoplaying audio can be annoying and disruptive for users, especially if they were not expecting it. Trying to force autoplay against the user’s preferences can lead to a poor user experience, resulting in frustration and dissatisfaction.
  1. Trust and Credibility:
  • Users value websites that respect their preferences and provide a positive online experience. Attempting to trick or deceive users by bypassing browser policies can erode trust and credibility.
  1. Increased Bounce Rates:
  • Users are more likely to leave a website if they encounter unexpected and unwanted autoplaying audio. High bounce rates can negatively impact a site’s performance and search engine rankings.
  1. Search Engine Ranking:
  • Search engines take user experience into account when ranking websites. If users consistently have a negative experience on a site, it may affect the site’s search engine ranking.
  1. Potential Penalties:
  • Deliberately attempting to manipulate browser policies may violate terms of service and guidelines set by browser vendors. This could lead to penalties, such as warnings, restrictions, or even blacklisting.
  1. Decreased Accessibility:
  • Autoplaying audio can be particularly problematic for users with disabilities, and intentionally circumventing browser policies may result in a website being less accessible.

It’s crucial for web developers and site owners to prioritize user experience, adhere to best practices, and respect browser policies. Designing websites with the user in mind, providing clear controls, and avoiding disruptive elements contribute to a positive online environment and help maintain a website’s reputation.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I instead used a YouTube responsive component, and it worked out.

You could host your own music somewhere…Music Playlist