Bootstrap Sites Platform - how to add a folder to the root

Hi,

I set up the hosting on Boostrap using the documentation. But I’d like to access the FTP folder itself, so I can add a folder of assets (html, css, js) related to an embedded Tumult Hype animation.

The following works when I export to a local folder, and add in the Tumult Hype generated files manually. This is what I put in my Custom Code component:

<div id="gliderspin_hype_container" class="HYPE_document" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:320px;height:442px;overflow:hidden;">
	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="glider-spin.hyperesources/gliderspin_hype_generated_script.js?9955"></script>
</div>

This JS file linked in the above block:

gliderspin_hype_generated_script.js

includes code that assumes that the assets for the animation (image files) are located in the same folder as the JS file. I can’t change this.

When I export the BS Design HTML to local drive, I can simply drag and drop the Hype folder into that folder, and everything works.

But I can’t drag and drop when I click “Publish” in BSS, so the files I need are missing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

Bootstrap Studio Sites doesn’t offer SFTP access for security. If you have a need for custom directory structure and there is no way to modify the generated script, I am afraid that you will need to use a regular hosting provider.

Hi @martin , thanks for the update.

I ended up hosting the site on a Digital Ocean droplet instead. I sync to it directly via the SFTP connector in BSS. Very useful tool, as before I was manually syncing files with Filezilla.

1 Like