Convert HTML to BSS format file?

5 Likes

@R.Omer you are a geniusā€¦

Within 3 minutes I downloaded a free template from themewagon.com converted it, added the css and images, had a few tweeks for the image paths and done

Congratulations

2 Likes

Wow, did you make that @R.Omer ? Thanks so much for the share either way. Awesome! Hope that the BSS devs can use it and incorporate it into the app, that would be the icing on the cake indeed!

1 Like

Thankyou @richards for your complementā€¦ :smile:

Hi @jo-r
Yes and thanks, this version only converts one html at a time, but soon InshaAllah, I will have a new version on converting many files at once. (if the community desires a need).
I really created it for myself, 20 years of my work needs to be converted.

This community definitely has a desire and need for this ability and even at one page at a time itā€™s better than having to redo it all completely. I have a client that I need to have them redo their site to get it into BSS but they arenā€™t wanting to spend the cash. This may be a great option for me to just do it and not worry about the cost. Thanks so much!

My Pleasure, glad to be of helpā€¦

I found out myself how to do this after googling around. It turns out binary format reverse engineering is in general a very hard to perform task. Luckily I was able to get this mostly done (retrieve the JSON inside as described above) by downloading the Windows shell extension called 7-Zip. Right click Untitled.bsdesign, and simply Open Archive. The file inside is now plane text that looks to be JSON.

That is actually saving my butt right now. The standard .zip utility for Windows is not currently recognizing it. We thought it was encrypted / proprietary. But hopefully since they didnā€™t encrypt it - they wouldnā€™t mind if we wrote a custom import script for BSS that is used standalone.