Export .bsdesign to HTML/JS/CSS via command line

This would be a very valuable feature for process automation. We would like to have a Windows tool that allows for command line Export of a Bootstrap Studio project to a specified Export target directory. If this requires Bootstrap Studio to already be running, that would be fine. By reading the posts here, it looks like there is some interest, when do you think this could be implemented?

"the command prompt won’t wait for gui applications to complete when run from the command line" @MatthiasMiller

Yes, the command line can easily be opened with a pipe, np! If BSS is not running, it can be started. It's quite trivial to look for a running BSS app. A command can be sent using 'cmd'. The app can wait for a piped-reply via std-out. I don't see any issues. I am a Windows developer.

25 years, "Sr. Systems Programmer/Analyst".

I don't see any problem using the cli with BSS right now currently as is, unless I am missing something.

Is this "BSS cli" functionality still available and implemented as of 4.5.3?

By reading the posts here, it looks like there is some interest, when do you think this could be implemented?

I don't know. I have gone back quite a ways and I am doing catch-up by reading all of the old posts and what has been implemented each version (version history).

I'm not finding anything more about this topic at the moment. But this is something that I am very interested in, to say the least.

Hello All,

About the commandline export, there was some talk about this and I like to refresh the request.

We have a product consisting of own design Arm computer, a SDCARD with linux distribution, include customer program and a monitor website. The website is a small part of the product and is made with BSStudio. The production version of the product is build on a build server running Jenkins. So the production code and all data comes from the buildserver. This way developer can work and design on there own system without affecting the production version. When ready new production code and designs are pushed onto the buildserver.

For this it would be very handy to be able to run the bbs as a commandline export. (so basicly start - open - export -quit)

If this is possible then the design (name.bsdesign) file can be pushed onto the build server and than the server can build the package itself.

This is way better the pushing the export of a local pc to buildserver.

There is a licence thing to keep in mind, I dont mind paying for the extra one needed on the server. But this is normal file-server so no graphic ui present.

I’d like to second (or third or fourth) the request for a command-line export option, or else a script in the export flow that runs before export, not just after.

The reason is we’re using a version control system that requires checking out the previous export files to allow them to be overwritten. The “after export” script is only sufficient to determine then which have been changed or added.

A command-line option would be better because then I wouldn’t even have to open Bootstrap Studio, but a pre-export script option would still be nicer than having to checkout all those files every export.

Thank you.