Export or Backup Saved Components

Being in the situation I’m in right now with no way to know what to transfer to get my saved components libraries on Mac (people on Windows have a few posts on the forums here for them but no Mac love), I would really love this app to give us a way to export them for import and reuse. This way we could back them up (Export) to a file and then transfer that file to a new computer and import it to the new installation and so on.

I have no idea how hard this would be, I only know it’s a necessity and I’m sure I am not the only one that will think so. I have probably over 50 saved components between BS3 and BS4 that are client specific. I actually created an entire section for one of my clients just for the events they hold all year around so I wouldn’t have to constantly retype them (or come up with the text for them each year as she always asks me to do). I don’t know about you or anyone else, but I do know that I don’t want to have to go in and recreate then all from scratch again.

This would also be a heaven sent item for newbies that would rock their world to be able to just export and import them. Anything you can do to facilitate this would be extremely helpful and create some really grateful users.

P.S. This would also give us a great way to share them with friends outside of the “upload to the Online Components” system. I have one uploaded that I cannot delete from the Online Components for some reason, I can’t delete it from my components either, it downloads again over and over… that’s another whole situation though lol.

In the studio pane right click on user choose export then choose a folder where you want your components
maybe an USB stick then on your new computer you do the same but choose import or you can drag and drop the one you want or dubble click on the one you want. If you have folders in your user tab make new folder first and the drop into that folder in your user tab
for example you have user =>bs3 then you drop your bs3 components in that folder, user=>bs4 drop your bs4 components ext…
it’s that easy

right click on that component and choose share online then you will see a button stop share. click on that one and you are done bss will not download the component again

OMG I could kiss you right now! lol, I have been wracking my brains trying to figure out how to get them. I never knew you could just copy them over like that. Chalk that one up to a big lesson learned both for the importing and the removing online ones. A big thanks to you!

@jo-r

Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue Sweet home Alabama
Lord I’m comin’ home to you and request my kiss. lol
– Lynyrd Skynyrd

Hahaha, yeah, sweet home Alabama, where it will be in the 30’s by this evening shivers brrrrrr.