Feature Request: Rich Text Editor for consecutive paragraphs

Currently it's quite laborious to build a page with more than a few consecutive paragraphs. I mean, adding a paragraph component, enter its text, add another paragraph component (or duplicate the previous one), enter its text, [iterate prev. steps] is a lot of repetitive work which takes quite some time. Having some kind of RTE like the one in this forum for adding and editing several consecutive paragraphs at once, would be a nice feature which would improve BSS's usability a lot. Also it would save a lot of time when creating or updating pages which contain a lot of text (think of imprint, privacy policy, etc.).

I think of something like this:

1. When you right-click a paragraph which is followed and/or preceded by another paragraph, the context menu contains an additional option (like "edit in RTE")
  2. When this option is selected, an RTE opens which contains the text of all consecutive paragraphs you right-clicked in step 1

Simple example: There's a page which consists of a header, 5 paragraphs in a row and a footer. If you right-click any of those 5 paragraphs, you can select to edit all the text contained in these 5 paragraphs inside an RTE. When removing or adding paragraphs inside the RTE, the page is updated accordingly (paragraph components are removed or added to the page as needed).

Would something like this be possible?

Thanks OS

Still no richt-text feature in BSS? Building it manually is no fun…

I’m not quite sure how a rich text editor would work on a website other than all those crappy builders out there. I think it would lead to a lot of confusion from hidden formatting characters and such. For the most part, when you work a website properly there shouldn’t be any hidden characters or formatting other than that which you do via CSS or inline styles using HTML formats.

The confusion I could see from this would be for those that are not really well versed, or versed at all, with coding and trying to get rid of some format (Bold, Underline etc.) and can’t figure out where the issue is. Is it in the code? Is it in Rich Text formatting? I think it would be a nightmare that would remind me way too much of messing around with WordPress :stuck_out_tongue:

The first program I ever used to build websites (Website Realizer) used a rich text editor, and I honestly hated it. It’s so much easier to just be able to click on the paragraph and type.

BSS allows you to do quite a lot while editing text. You can add bold, italic, underline and strikethrough, superscript, subscript, color, background color, links and special characters. Shift+enter creates a line break, and shift-space creates a non-breaking space. I really don’t see what more rich text editor would offer? Font size or line height? Just insert a span.

I agree with @jo-r. This would just introduce a lot of confusion.

1 Like