Forum: New Posts

Hello.

I don't know how to start this off, I'll just jump into it: A 'New Posts' button for the forum would be nice. It would list all the recent made posts and recent replied ones. The way it works now is not hard to use, I just find it alot easier by using New Posts buttons around the other forums I use.

Yeah I was used to that too on many forums, but I found I could subscribe to all the main forums and have it send me an email (only a pain when people spam the forum which isn't a whole lot, but more lately than it has been lol). You can do this by going to each of the top level forums (there are only 5 so it takes only a minute to do) and when you open that forum there will be the Subscribe link in the right same as on threads. Do that for each forum that you want to follow and you'll always know when new posts come.

What it doesn't do though is follow through with replies. What I do then is when I get an email for a new post, if I want to follow it I open the link to the post and subscribe to it. You'd be surprised how many times people will post in threads many months later so it is nice to be able to do this and not miss replies.

It's not a perfect setup, but it does work for the most part. I miss a post here and there, but very few so it works for me. Hope that helps :)

Oh, so once I subscribe to a tread: I'm only subscribed to it until someone replies, and then I have to re-subscribe. Oh well, it works. I'll use that way instead, I don't really enjoy having my email being flooded.

I don't mind, it's actually nice to keep track of it that way for me. Also, you don't have to subscribe to every single reply post, only the first post of a thread, after that all replies will go to your email, so basically you subscribe to the forum itself and then once to each actual thread created. It sounds tedious, but it's not all that bad, and to be honest, most of the time I have to open the threads to see everything correctly anyways if someone puts code or images or links in as Outlook (which is what I use for email) doesn't show all that stuff or show it correctly formatted.