How do I use Bootstrap Studio with Custom theme bought from Themeforest.com?

Hi,

I know the Bootstrap studio works with Bootstrap 4. But can you confirm How do I use Bootstrap Studio with Custom theme bought from Themeforest.com?

TIA

To get the full use of Bootstrap Studio (any version) you will need to create the website within it. You can import the CSS, JS and images from the purchased theme and use them as is, but you will need to recreate the pages and add all the ID/Classes into it to get full use of BSS. If that's too daunting then you may want to utilize a different editor for your project, because the only other thing you can do is import the HTML pages as is and they will all require manual code editing which isn't the best way to do it. BSS does great for adding and updating code when the features of the app are usable, but with imported HTML pages, none of the features are usable except to view the classes that are connected to a highlighted element in the Design tree. Basically all the HTML pages become Custom Code blocks/boxes which have to be edited manually in the code instead of using the options panes etc. BSS is ok for it, but it's definitely not the best and easiest way to manually edit code if the entire site is that way.

My advice would be: Create a New blank project and import the CSS, JS and images.

NOTE: Make sure that all the supporting files are in the same locations in BSS as they are in the actual structure of the site so that they are referenced correctly. They will export differently (all supporting files go into an "Assets" folder), but within the app you don't see that so it needs to be the same.

Open the pages of the original theme in your favorite text editor and use them as reference to recreate the pages. Sounds like a lot of work, but it will do 2 things for you. It will of course do the website, but it will also teach you how to use the program with hands on all the way. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.