How to change Smart Form from email

Thanks for the details :slight_smile: I will save it as possible alternative. Also looked into phpjabbers. Any experience on that?

Yes! Very helpful.

Over the years, I have been growing more and more frustrated with Jotform. Their pricing has gotten crazy, but like you, Iā€™m on a grandfathered plan so I pay FAR less than the rates you see on their site. If I had to pay their regular pricing, I would never use them.

What really drives me bonkers about Jotform is that theyā€™re always adding new features and fiddling with their code and it seems to mess up their older forms. Iā€™m always nervous that a form I built years ago is going to be messed up because they decided to change some CSS or JS on their side, and it alters the appearance of one of their older forms. Itā€™s happened to me more than once.

Iā€™ve also had issues with emails not being delivered, and other problems. Their preview form feature often doesnā€™t reflect what the form actually looks like on a website. They choose their own breakpoints, and their form designs change from desktop style layouts to mobile style layouts at 480px, and along with the change, the paddings and margins all change, and Iā€™m constantly having to go in and overwrite their CSS rules to make their forms behave the way I want. This is especially an issue with Bootstrap, where you can have column widths that change greatly depending on the screen size. So sometimes their form may have a mobile layout at XS, then a desktop layout at SM & MD, and then mobile at LG (because the column width drops below their breakpoint) and then a desktop layout at XL and XXL. Usually what I end up doing is changing their CSS so the form is in a mobile layout at all time, but itā€™s often a tedious process.

Also, Jotform is entirely cloud-based. You canā€™t install their software on your server, but they they do allow you to use your own SMTP server if you have problems with theirs (which Iā€™ve also had.)

My problem is Iā€™ve got so many forms, and switching over to a new form system would be many, many hours of work, plus all the testing, etc.

At some point I may just decide to try Machform and if I like it, Iā€™ll start building my new site forms with it, and slowly migrate older customers over time.

1 Like

Do you have any other form services in your collection? :wink:

I personally havenā€™t used them, but Iā€™ve read some positive reviews of Googleā€™s form tool. They have a free and paid tier. Of course, you need a Google account.

1 Like

No sorry, Iā€™ve been using Machform for many years and truly the only issue that Iā€™ve come across in over 10 years is the themes donā€™t always work, and i think they are planning to phase them out or something now as they suggest you not use them now. Is all ok with me I can make my own nice looking backdrop for them just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for both of you :slight_smile: