How would I automate an articles page? Can I use c# scripts in bootstrap?

So how would I go about automatically adding articles to an Article List every time I create a new one?

I'm guessing it will require c# or java, or does it? Is the possible in bootstrap or will I have to do some custom stuff?

That leads me to my second question, can I use c# scripts instead of Java? I only seem to be able to drag and drop .js files. Is there another way I could use c# scripts instead?

The .js scripts you refer too are javascript, not java. You cannot use c# scripts. If you want to use C# look at building an asp.net website with c# and you can also use bootstrap for the design/layout.

If you want a dynamic list in your website, you need to think about how frequently the list will update, if not often break the .html file manually and if often, you could do this with Angular or React using a database like firebase.

Hope that helps.

You can also utilize a Wordpress embed which works pretty slick when done correctly.

Ok ya I was referring to java script, did not know there was a difference. I guess java is the compiler/engine? I was thinking about using ASP.net, I had a problem with my browser's all blocking the preview site before so I gave up and started using Concrete5, which ran then ran into some security issues which leads me here.

Anyways thanks for the input, I think I'll give ASP.net another go, using bootstrap for the layout. I guess I won't be able to use the js's for the lightbox gallery though would I?

How would I go about doing that Jo? Just download the .js used on wordpress sites, and use HTML to use them?

Thanks for the reply guys.

There are a number of ways to do this, but what I used was on this page here at the bottom area: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39108627/embed-wordpress-content-into-html

My code ended up like this since you have to adjust the 'require' line to your Wordpress installation location (always put it into a directory other than the root if Wordpress won't be your main website system). You will also need to adjust the number of posts you want visible. If you want them all you will need to find the setting for that, I don't know what that would be. Put it into a div with whatever settings you need for that div and add the following, adjusting it to your needs.

<!--START WP Blog Embed Code -->

<?php
                  // Include WordPress
                  define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
                  require('./your-wordpress-location/wp-blog-header.php');
                  query_posts('showposts=1');
                ?>

<?php while (have_posts()): the_post(); ?>
                   <h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
                   <?php the_content(); ?>
                 <!--<p><a>" class="red">Read more...</a></p>-->
                <?php endwhile; ?>

<!--End WP Blog Embed Code -->

I used the second option because my client wanted the entire page to be editable not as a post, but as a page she could edit on her own. There are probably better or different ways to do this other than using even a simple iframe which also works. I did a search for "embed wordpress posts in html page" and found lots of threads on Google that should help, try that too.