JavaScript Not working inside Bootstrap studio

Hi there, I have been trying bootstrap studio for few days and I want to say that it is fantastic, very love the quick way to create websites. I have noticed that when I use javascript code in the app it won't work, to see the results I have to preview it in the browser and also the standalone app does not show errors. Would be great if in the next version a feature to preview javascript straight in the app will be added. Will also be good if I could create php pages.

Hope you will take my ideas in consideration as I think it will speed app the preview time of the design in creation.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

JavaScript is not run in Bootstrap Studio for security purposes, and we won't be adding support for this until we are sure that it is safe. For now the way to do this is through the preview, like you've discovered.

As for PHP, we would like to keep Bootstrap Studio only for designing the front end - writing PHP is still best done in a code editor or an IDE. One workaround is to add PHP code to Custom Code right now, and when exporting you can rename the files to .php.

Thank you for your suggestions! I am happy that you like our app.

@martin JavaScript is not run in Bootstrap Studio for security purposes, and we won’t be adding support for this until we are sure that it is safe.

Much like the recent CSS @keyframe discussion, has there been any advancements or progress for allowing JS to run inside of Bootstrap Studio? Here is a recent thread discussing JS execution, and some of the thoughts behind this.

Back when this thread was made Electron was v1.0.0, now its advanced tremendously and is at v1.4.3 . I have looked into Electron and it seems like there have been some security enhancements in this area, as well as this over the course of its updates. Thus I hope this is still under consideration and being looked into.

It would be highly beneficial for Bootstrap Studio users, much like the CSS animation, etc., to have the ability to use common JS libraries natively in the BSS app. I am sure the Electron developers or its community could properly advise on this and give suggestions as well, if needed.

I hope this is still being strongly and actively considered as a standard Bootstrap Studio feature.

Thanks @martin for reading this.

BSS_User