Lighthouse score

High score :wink: But remember that your visitors will mostly come without incognito modeā€¦ Well, high score in this mode too LOL

On my side, I donā€™t stress about this aspect of the job, I look at the big picture instead: design, content, working (front and back-end)ā€¦ I would say that, concerning a tool like lighthouse, I would be worried if something is red, but I donā€™t care to be green or not. If I build a site with text only, no framework at all and a single short page, it will be all green, but not sure it will be interesting Ā°OĀ°

However, I understand your position. If a site of mine is, by chance, all green, Iā€™ll donā€™t break it to decrease the score; no, Iā€™ll donā€™t do that, promise.

1 Like

The bootstrap.css.min file is fairly small already (about 165k.) It downloads in 120ms on my 200 MB/s internet connection. Even if removing the unused CSS cut the size in half, the difference in page load would be virtually imperceptible (unless you were on a really slow connection, like 3G.)

wdym by 200 GB/s connection, sorry lol?

Sorry, I meant to type 200 MB/s (megabits per second.) Lol. I wish I had 200 GB/s

1 Like

ye i was so confused man haha cause i had 1gbs internet and its like max for personal usage here and im like ā€œno way u can get there so muchā€ haha i was like u maybe meant 200gb of data, but per sec? lmao

P.S Oh damm u got so bad upload ;p

A service technician is coming tomorrow. I used to have 35 MBps upload until a few months ago. Dunno if itā€™s equipment or just my scummy ISP throttling because they think they can get away with it. Iā€™m a business customer, and pay a premium for business service.

Its still incredibly low ratioā€¦ Im too much used that in my country we got a good internet, but our ratio like avg is 1:3 that means 300mb upload and 900mb download or 400 upload and 1gb download, but usually the upload is around 30% of download.

Im living in some sort of ā€œvillageā€(haha), but we do have 1gb download here with 300 upload for 21dolla, so me seeing others with so low upload its kinda sus, u should have like 65 or so

I could get much faster service if I wanted to pay more. Weā€™ve got fiber optic gigabit service with 900 MBps upload speed available.

I just donā€™t want to pay $100 a month for bandwidth Iā€™ll never use. 300mb download and 30mb upload is fast enough for my needs.

1 Like

I have a 1Gb connection, when its over ethernet I am averaging 800 download 650 upload, but after two years I havnā€™t got round to wiring the house, so go via wifi which knocks it down to about 400/280 which is more than enough. Luckily I only pay Ā£35 a month ($43) otherwise I would be downgrading.

1 Like

Thats pretty good for uk, which region are u from? I was living in Walthamstow(London) and internet there was fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m in Hertfordshire, just north of London.

When I was looking for a new place the first thing I looked for was the internet speedsšŸ˜„

2 Likes

Gotcha, gotcha fair enough :smiley: