New Member Here with some Questions

Hello Eveyone, My name is Aaron, I am not new to frameworks or web development by hand. But I am new to the studio. I do like what I see, that Bootstrap is taking on the use of SASS which is something I been using for sometime over CSS. But what I stumble upon was that CDN.js, I been making my own CDNs but now there is a entire list of it and I can contribute to it. That is awesome. So my question is. Since I am thinking about buying the studio, how long will the studio live on? Meaning what is the future benefit of it? What I heard from certain blogs and/or youtube videos that BSS, is built with Electron which is something I am very familiar with which I been using for a very long time. Now I am CSS Core user or what is it also called CSS Gride. I know there are many arguments out there stating this is something very new, not many know about it, only two browsers actually work with it, well.... Chrome flags need to be active for it to work. But the standing point of it is that it is something that people/businesses may not have much interest in it since it is something very new and not known enough. So a Buddy of mine told me to get into Bootstrap since it is becoming more and more useful. I know in the world of web design/development we fight with the poor crappy designers that use WP. I am sorry if that offends anyone but the fact is that WP was and still should be used only for bloggers as it was meant to be since its creation before it became WP. Meaning PHPbb and Pressbb, forum and blogger web tool. But people tend to evolve so whatever but I stick to the bases and making sites that do actually look good and run very well. But the other issue is which before Treehouse (web coding discussion platform) become something else the discuss of CMS will destroy the Web design world since all designers have to do is provide a front end product and then allow the client to do the rest. Which again making a product makes more money and monthly supplying the product use doesn't unless you have 20-30 clients then that is understandable but again. Most big companies or bigger businesses will not want to use CMS because they understand what business platform is all about so thus they would expect you to work on board with them. But besides all that, which is some of my ranting about WP and CMS. Lets get to the point of my post. I know none of us can tell the future of what the web world will be like in couple years but as I have asked, will this tool be continuously updated to the point of being useful in the continuous change of the web. Now I am a Adobe user, I do use Dreamweaver but due to what Adobe has done to MUSE, I just wonder how long with DW will last. It is sort of sad to know after the last update, DW is finally able to use Bootstrap 4, which baffles since BS has been out for sometime. Even though there is some bugs or things need to be added into the framework but still this long? That is was I wonder if Adobe will consider BS tied to DW forever. But since now with XD, which being able to be nearly used on a mobile devices in the coming years meaning the design world maybe completely destroyed when all you need is a web host that hosts that type of platform and all users need to do is take pictures and add some text and small effects and reload the site/page that is on their site right off of their mobile device then the Freelance Web Design world is gone. Again I am sorry for ranting, I am just pointing out somethings I have noticed. But the point what I am trying to make is that will BSS be around for long time? Will it be something that will be promising. I do hope so because seeing how SASS is being more widely used and knowing BS is a hybrid of HTML and CSS, I am hoping for BS to be around for a long time. I also do have some other questions. I do like how CDN.js can be tied into BSS, but will the studio in time get a custom setup panel? Meaning once you import a CDN.js a panel would setup what needs to be applied yet, meaning if there are styling and inputs. I am fine with doing it in code, but having that ability would save some time and resource management. I am just asking. Anyways, I know I have wrote a lot and I apologize for the long discuss but do hope someone is able to tell me what I have asked. ~Aaron~

I do apologize for a double post but I would like to ask this. Since in the today's world for some odd reason that web design tools need to have an online access which to me that says that the code in not being generated on the users end but on a server end, which that is not how real web design/development works. But again whatever. So my question is, does this tool need to be online or need the internet?

Hi Samael and welcome to the forums.

I have to apologize that I only read half of your first post, it's very hard to read very long posts like that without some type of paragraphs set up and I just couldn't do it.

I've been using BSS for 2 years + now and so far it's had pretty regular updates that address lots of great features that have been added and edited along the way. I don't see this app coming to an end any time soon if the past 2 years are any indication, so I think you're safe to go ahead and spend the small amount they are asking for the app.

For your second post, the app is desktop installed not an online builder. The demo version is an online builder and it's pretty outdated, but gives you an idea of how things work. The real app you install on your computer and you do not "need" internet to use it, only to get the updates and online components that people share. Updates are typically anywhere from a couple weeks to a month or so apart and the devs do listen to our suggestions and feedback which is always fun to watch as things you suggest or report as broken are added or fixed.

Go for it, you will enjoy using this app. I too come from a coding background where I used Dreamweaver for many years on the coding side of it (hated the visual side of it actually lol) and love this app much more to the point of being able to cancel my subscription to Dreamweaver so that should tell you at least how good it is now and it can only get better. Enjoy!

Hello Jo, I do apologize for not using better typography. I'll copy and paste it into here with paragraphs. I am deeply sorry for that. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I may think on moving forward on this app. Since I came across Affinity photo and designer, I am thinking of moving over to them as well before Adobe kills those apps. Since you were unable to read my first post I am re-posting it with paragraphs. Just in case anyone else wants to read it.

Hello Eveyone, My name is Aaron, I am not new to frameworks or web development by hand. But I am new to the studio. I do like what I see, that Bootstrap is taking on the use of SASS which is something I been using for sometime over CSS. But what I stumble upon was that CDN.js, I been making my own CDNs but now there is a entire list of it and I can contribute to it. That is awesome. So my question is. Since I am thinking about buying the studio, how long will the studio live on? Meaning what is the future benefit of it? What I heard from certain blogs and/or youtube videos that BSS, is built with Electron which is something I am very familiar with which I been using for a very long time.

Now I am CSS Core user or what is it also called CSS Gride. I know there are many arguments out there stating this is something very new, not many know about it, only two browsers actually work with it, well…. Chrome flags need to be active for it to work. But the standing point of it is that it is something that people/businesses may not have much interest in it since it is something very new and not known enough. So a Buddy of mine told me to get into Bootstrap since it is becoming more and more useful.

I know in the world of web design/development we fight with the poor crappy designers that use WP. I am sorry if that offends anyone but the fact is that WP was and still should be used only for bloggers as it was meant to be since its creation before it became WP. Meaning PHPbb and Pressbb, forum and blogger web tool. But people tend to evolve so whatever but I stick to the bases and making sites that do actually look good and run very well. But the other issue is which before Treehouse (web coding discussion platform) become something else the discuss of CMS will destroy the Web design world since all designers have to do is provide a front end product and then allow the client to do the rest. Which again making a product makes more money and monthly supplying the product use doesn’t unless you have 20-30 clients then that is understandable but again. Most big companies or bigger businesses will not want to use CMS because they understand what business platform is all about so thus they would expect you to work on board with them. But besides all that, which is some of my ranting about WP and CMS. Lets get to the point of my post.

I know none of us can tell the future of what the web world will be like in couple years but as I have asked, will this tool be continuously updated to the point of being useful in the continuous change of the web. Now I am a Adobe user, I do use Dreamweaver but due to what Adobe has done to MUSE, I just wonder how long with DW will last. It is sort of sad to know after the last update, DW is finally able to use Bootstrap 4, which baffles since BS has been out for sometime. Even though there is some bugs or things need to be added into the framework but still this long? That is was I wonder if Adobe will consider BS tied to DW forever. But since now with XD, which being able to be nearly used on a mobile devices in the coming years meaning the design world maybe completely destroyed when all you need is a web host that hosts that type of platform and all users need to do is take pictures and add some text and small effects and reload the site/page that is on their site right off of their mobile device then the Freelance Web Design world is gone. Again I am sorry for ranting, I am just pointing out somethingsI have noticed.

But the point what I am trying to make is that will BSS be around for long time? Will it be something that will be promising. I do hope so because seeing how SASS is being more widely used and knowing BS is a hybrid of HTML and CSS, I am hoping for BS to be around for a long time. I also do have some other questions. I do like how CDN.js can be tied into BSS, but will the studio in time get a custom setup panel? Meaning once you import a CDN.js a panel would setup what needs to be applied yet, meaning if there are styling and inputs. I am fine with doing it in code, but having that ability would save some time and resource management. I am just asking. Anyways, I know I have wrote a lot and I apologize for the long discuss but do hope someone is able to tell me what I have asked. ~Aaron~