OBJECT with in app preview support

The HTML <object> element represents an external resource, which can be treated as an image, a nested browsing context, or a resource to be handled by a plugin.

I would like to see this as a drop-able part of BSS with an in app preview. With this it would be possible to use SVG graphics without an IMG tag, which is the mordern way how to do it.

<object id="mysvg" data="my.svg" type="image/svg+xml"></object>

Thank you for starting this thread!

The Object element is a powerful feature that we would like to add to the app eventually. The only issue that we have with it, is that it can be used to embed things like flash, pdfs and web pages which can't be properly secured for display within the application itself. Even SVG files embedded within <object> can become a security concern, as they can execute JS code.

I think that you can include SVG source directly in a Custom Code component, without an <object>. Is this an option for you? This will also solve the issue with file paths which you mentioned in another thread.

I understand the security problem but not in the context of BSS. You can assume that I know what I do. Please don't create security concerns where it doesn't help and only make ones live harder.

The problem with embedding / importing graphic files is: BSS needs to think more in workflows for small teams: I have someone doing the graphics, updating it etc. So, SVG files are on our local network. If I embed them as text, how do I update them on change? That's the same problem, when I add them to the images library. BSS needs a feature to check for file-changes and asks me to re-import the changes into BSS.

So, what I'm going to try is, to use IMG while in BSS (and import the files over and over by hand) then run some jQuery code to change the IMG to SVG on page load, so that I can access the SVG DOM. A bit a hack but the best I can come up for now.

And yes, please support OBJECT and external file references without having me to change the code or re-import files over and over again.