Request: enable/disable css references in each page design, to avoid conflicts

Hi all,

If you use different CSS files for each page (as you are kind of forced, if you download code snippets and drop them on the html page you're working), all the css files enter in conflict and affect even other pages in the same project but that you are not working at the moment. It can become a nightmare to keep all your html files in order; and to fix this, you need to generate all the html and then open the code in another editor to comment or delete the css references that are not used.

Please consider adding this as a feature in the immediate next release. It could be as simple an unobtrusive as a check-mark next to the file name in the ‘Design’ section, so you check or uncheck whether that css/js/etc. file is “active” in the page you’re working. In the generated code, you could just comment or uncomment the file reference in the <head> of the html file.

Thanks for working on this incredible tool; it has truly transformed my workflow and I am very grateful for it…but please, WE NEED THIS

Thank you

Not sure what you mean by you are forced to use different CSS files for each page. I use the same file for all pages and have not had these issues at all. Sounds like you're creating duplicate classes for each page so when Bootstrap Studio exports the pages, the CSS files are all clashing. You're going about this incorrectly and that's why you're having issues.

NOTE: I DO AGREE we need the ability to tell BSS which CSS, JS, etc. should be referenced in each page, but until we get that you should still be doing this correctly.

Don't use separate CSS files for each page. Use 1 and name your classes according to the page instead. This way if you are making something on a page that will be different than the others such as a Title or something, add to the name to tell the browsers that it only goes with that page such as h1.page1 or p.event-gallery or similar. This will keep your clashing at bay, and it's the correct way to do it rather than creating a multitude of CSS files which then create more HTTP requests which you want to keep as low as possible.