SASS Compilation Error macOS High Sierra

I installed bstudio-sass according to your tutorial. Not working. The moment I create a new scss file or change an existing one I get the error in the bottom right corner of the app. If I try the path in the terminal bstudio-sass works. Same path in Studio is not working. I tried all the workarounds you have here in the forum - none is working.

Any ideas?

Do you remember how you installed node? Through brew, by manually downloading it, or something else?

I'm also having problems with compiling scss files. I installed the compiler per the BSS instructions and edited the Design Settings SASS tab to have the path to the compiler as reported by the install processenter image description here.

Every time I click the Apply button for a scss file I get the following error window;

Sorry for replying so late. This looks like a permissions issue. My advice would be to try chmod +x on the bstudio-sass executable. Normally the installation should work without such an intervention. Not sure what could be causing problems in your install.

PASTED TO TERMINAL: sudo npm install bstudio-sass -g --unsafe perm (Working!)

//TERMINAL STARTED /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/bstudio-sass/bstudio-sass.js

node-sass@4.9.3 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/bstudio-sass/node_modules/node-sass node scripts/install.js

Downloading binary from https://github.com/sass/node-sass/releases/download/v4.9.3/darwin-x64-64_binding.node Download complete ⸩ ⠋ : Binary saved to /usr/local/lib/node_modules/bstudio-sass/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/darwin-x64-64/binding.node Caching binary to /Users/admin/.npm/node-sass/4.9.3/darwin-x64-64_binding.node

node-sass@4.9.3 postinstall /usr/local/lib/node_modules/bstudio-sass/node_modules/node-sass node scripts/build.js

Binary found at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/bstudio-sass/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/darwin-x64-64/binding.node Testing binary Binary is fine + bstudio-sass@1.0.3 + perm@0.1.1 added 178 packages from 136 contributors in 6.094s ... bstudio-sass is Bootstrap Studio's sidekick for compiling SASS files. To link this utility to Bootstrap Studio, please use the following path: /usr/local/bin/bstudio-sass

//TERMINAL FINISHED

Although every place I looked said not to use the "sudo" entry to get things to work, I too had to revert to using that in order to get it to work on my mac as well. But it works I think?! lol, only because I don't know much about Sass yet so I haven't played with much of anything with it in BSS :P

SASS: Give it a try and let me know your experience. It's an efficient way of reusing your coding with CSS.

Hi! I to have a similar problem on HighSierra, Node and Npm is installed with Brew together… I don’t know if that has anything to do with this… I’ve tried all things from this forum, including above example with sudo and nothing works (keep getting the same error in right corner “SASS Compilation error…”). Actually I install bstudio-sass without problems, and when I run from terminal: /Users/sin/.npm-packages/bin/bstudio-sass I’m getting this response: bstudio-sass is Bootstrap Studio's sidekick for compiling SASS files. To link this utility to Bootstrap Studio, please use the following path: /Users/sin/.npm-packages/bin/bstudio-sass And yes I’ve pasted this link into bootstrap-studio…

Can someone please help me? Thank you!

There is a solution for this problem in this tread: https://bootstrapstudio.io/forums/topic/sass-compilation-error-3/