I would really love a way to set a default custom css file. I just had a heck of a time (mostly user error due to not paying attention lol), trying to find my custom code in the actual exported files. I've been searching and searching and I'm like ... I just added it, I exported it multiple times, and still it's not there! Well it's there, but ...
BSS is apparently using the top (alphabetically or ordered, not sure) CSS file that it's finding and that top one one on the list is "not" my custom CSS file so it's been altering my audio file for who knows how long lol. I'm sure I've been doing this with all of my projects too so now I need to go back and find any additions that may have gone into who knows how many CSS files. I finally realized it when I saw the file name to the right in the Styles window showing me it was in the wrong file. I have a bit of work to do now to fix what was supposed to go to my custom CSS file (most should be apparent by name, but sometimes not since sometimes they are just duplicates of a BS element's class or ID.
So ... please give us a way to define our Custom CSS file so that whenever a class is added via the create button (without having to do the dropdown) that it will automatically go to our custom CSS file and not others unless we tell it to with the dropdown. Would make it a little simpler if we could actually "use" the Create button itself which is what I have been doing and assuming it was putting the classes in the right place, but wasn't lol.
Looks like using the STYLES tab's create button will default creating to the first stylesheet in the Design pane Styles menu regardless of the ordering you set in the include order option.
Thanks you for this suggestion!
When you use the dropdown next to "Create", Bootstrap Studio remembers your choice. Afterwards, when you press "Create", blocks will be inserted in that file. At least they should. If they don't this might be a bug.
There must be a bug then because it chose a file I have never chosen as it is a CSS file that goes with a component I added and I've never edited that file let alone chose it lol.
I'll know more once the refresh of the adding and duplicating gets fixed. I'll see if it's still doing this or if this was just a one time reset glitch or something after all the new changes to the app.
I tried to debug this some, here is what I find.
Clean slate. Drag/drop a component that had a stylesheet that alphabetically came before styles.css. Select some element click Create in STYLES tab. It created the rule inside the first stylesheet which was not styles.css. Used dropdown for styles.css, Create button after that puts new rules in styles.css. Switch dropdown to other CSS file, Create button creates new rules in that stylesheet.
Clean slate. Drag/drop a component that had a stylesheet that alphabetically came before styles.css. Rename styles.css to astyles.css. Select some element click Create in STYLES tab. It created the rule inside the first stylesheet which is the renamed astyles.css. Using dropdown and then Create, creates new rules in the selected stylesheet.
Did not open up either of the stylesheets.
Couldn't determine if the include order had any actual effect.
Clean slate. Drag/drop a component that had a stylesheet that alphabetically came after styles.css. Select some element click Create in STYLES tab. It created the rule inside the first stylesheet which is styles.css. Using dropdown and then Create, creates new rules in the selected stylesheet.
When you are in a clean slate state, it appears the first stylesheet in the Design panes order is the default stylesheet, until you use the dropdown Create option in the STYLES tab. So new projects and I would assume saved projects would behave in this manner.
Thanks for the breakdown, Saj! This is correct - if you haven't chosen a stylesheet explicitly, the first one (when sorted alphabetically) is selected. The selected state is not persisted, so when you open your saved design the default stylesheet is again the first one alphabetically. Maybe this is where we can improve things by persisting the selection?
Persisting the selection would be wonderful! That would be the equivalent of choosing our permanent default file until such a time that we need to change to a different one, which we then need to remember to change back to the our default one next time. That would also allow us to basically keep it at the standpoint of "last selection used" type of thing which is perfect, especially if you need to go back and change something on the last thing you selected in there. That would be totally doable in my head. That would fix 90% of the issues we're having with learning to use this new setup I think. The other 10% will just be learned as we go lol.