Sidebar nav (Totally new to this program)

Is this thread dead? Because i want to bake this off-canvas sidebar menu for mobile and i dont think the this solution works any more?

https://github.com/bootstrapstudio/bootstrap-better-nav/blob/master/README.md

Does anyone have another suggestion or do i manually have to implement Boostrap demo menu?

Check the online components. I just uploaded a sidebar menu that I think does what you need. Search for "Ultimate Sidebar Menu"

@JensKlang

I just tested by dragging a navbar component in and linking to css and js scripts provided and it works just like it always had so you must be doing something wrong.

@Printninja

You may want to check the component you uploaded as I think its missing the "active" css styles.

@Printninja

I guessing its missing something like:

.overlay.active {
  display: block;
  opacity: 1;
}

.sidebar.active {
  left: 0px;
}

@Twinstream

You're right. Good catch. I didn't realize it left out the active classes. Unfortunately, I can't seem to remove the non-working version from the online library because I accidentally deleted it from my user library before I unshared it. It's "stuck" online now. I'll try emailing the devs. I don't know why there's no way to edit the shared components. You can't even change the name or description after it's been shared.

@Printninja

Can you redownload the non-working version again and then unshare ?

@Twinstream No, it shows the non-working version as already installed, but I deleted it, and now it doesn't show up, and I cannot re-download it. I emailed support, so I'll deal with it on Monday.

@printninja

Did you manage to fix it?

I tried yours but no luck. Started with a new clean SB Admin project with side menu, replaced it with yours.

@twinstream

You are right. Its is work on a clean project with the Navigation Clean component.

But i started with the SB admin that has a sidebar to the left, and then it didn't work.

Maybe I will try and make the clean into a left navbar.

Take a look at the BSS tutorial how to create a Sidebar

I need to use certain icons that are not standard in BStu.

Is there a way to import ICONS?

Thanks.

I did manage to get my bad Sidebar menu taken down and uploaded the working version. It's called Ultimate Sidebar Menu. (all my uploaded components start with "ultimate" for easy searching. You can see it in action here. If you do download it, be sure to read the instructions on how to use it. It's all done in BSS, so you can easily modify it through the visual interface. The only thing you need to do is once you've set up the menu, you have to re-enable (check) the rule .sidebar { left: 255px; } In order for the menu to be hidden on page load. This is unchecked by default so when you drag the component on to your page, you can see the menu, brand, links, etc.

Working example... http://thelightwavegroup.com/sidebar/index.html