Update: Convert your HTML to Bootstrap Studio Document (.bsdesign)

Looks helpful. So with your online tool, would I be able to take a bootstrap website I am currently working on in VScode and convert it to .bsdesign form so I can import it? What about my custom.css file?

1 Like

CSS files can be directly imported into Bootstrap Studio.

1 Like

@Sambaji when you use this conversion tool what it does is take your current site and convert it to a Bootstrap Studio file (doesn’t change your original files, just makes a new file). There’s no importing needed, anything in your current site would be already in the file (provided it’s html, css, scss, images and js).

Your custom CSS files are untouched so they will be the same in the new project it creates as it was in the current project outside of BSS.

Then you just open that file with Bootstrap Studio and keep on working. Hope that clarifies it better.

Also, it might help to check out this thread where it all started. Originally the tool only did one page at a time, now it is doing multiple pages:

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed response and for developing this plugin. Although I recently purchased Bootstrap Studio, I haven’t really used it yet, since I had already been learning Bootstrap while developing my simple site with VScode. However, I like the idea of experimenting with the pre-built components available through Bootstrap Studio with my site. It looks like your plugin will allow me to do that.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome and the Kudos go to @R.Omer for creating the plugin, I’m just a user of both BSS and the plugin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @jo-r, you basically said it all.

2 Likes

hi @Sambaji,
I thought about including the custom css files, there are few issues along the way, this feature is still on the agenda to be added to the project in the future. but I think it is far too easier to just drag and drop the files in the project. drag and drop feature does not work the same way for html files, which is the whole reason for this project. I hope this helps.

Hi @R.Omer, this had been reported on another thread, but not sure if you have seen it.

When a file is converted all the Paragraph tags are locked. They are still editable but cannot be deleted or moved.

1 Like

Hi @R.Omer great work,

i have the same problem, with the locked paragraph. They are still editable but cannot be deleted or moved. Any solution or workaround?

greets
Phil

1 Like

hi @richards
I will look into it shortly today.
Thank you for the report

1 Like

Hello @bsphil
I will fix it ASAP, inshaAllah

Sounds good :slight_smile: good luck

1 Like

hi @bsphil, @richards, @jo-r, @nasiusii
The issue with locked paragraph has been fixed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much @R.Omer

1 Like

@R.Omer Awesome! Thanks bunches!

1 Like

Hello @R.Omer.
I would like to ask a friend if in my case, is there a way I can import my site into BSS?
I have several pages in subfolders, is there any way to import this site keeping the directories, folders?
I created the site in BSS and then I made changes in VS Code, now I would like to import the entire project back into BSS.
Thanks in advance and congratulations for the tool, it is excellent!
Example in the attached image.

1 Like

@gilmar

You can use the tool he wrote (link is above just updated), but it may not come out exactly the same as many of the rows/cols etc. may end up as divs. You can easily replace those should you choose to though by adding one in, putting the same classes/id’s into them and then just move the content into the new row/col. I haven’t worked with it a lot yet, but I’m thinking that’s probably the main thing you’ll find different. Other than that it should import your HTML pages for you. You can then import any CSS, JS and Images to the project manually.

1 Like

Thanks, what I would like to do is import all the HTML of the project respecting the hierarchy of the directories, I have a folder with subfolders and I wanted to import this way to the converter, but I don’t think it will be possible.

1 Like

hmm no I don’t think so either, but … you can try it and see if it respects the hierarchy or not. Nothing to lose by trying right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think there would be security issues within the browser, as you would be giving it access to your file system. The only way word be for the program to be rewritten to allow uploading a zip file and decompressing it with the correct structure (which doesn’t work as it stands, I just tried :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

What you could do is rename your HTML files to have the name of the folder before you convert

So subfolder/filename.html would become subfolder-filename.html

Then you can see what file needs to go in what folder

2 Likes