Useful (Free/Open Source) Apps for webdesign

ok so the colors are “somewhat” right (partly my fault there), but the npm file is still messing with my structure. Here’s some SS to show what it’s doing: (keeping in mind I’m on a Mac if that matters)

This is what it should look like:

This is what it looks like:

I know i have some colors mixed up that I’m going to go fix now (had some other custom colors in there that I probably don’t need now which are missing from the files now so that’s on me yet lol)

Just an update that all is well! TYTYTYTYTYTY!! :heart:

I had to add the color setups to my colors file to declare them (not sure why since they were in the new theme, but it made me do it so I did. I fixed some color issues that I knew were there and once I did all that it’s all working now! Yaaaaay I can’t thank you all enough!

Excellent :slight_smile:
Was that using the npm bootstrap.css?

UPDATE:
you don’t need to run the npm start command
just change your colours/variables in _variables.scss and then npm run dist

1 Like

A lot of resources here… Talking about design (for both desktop and Web in my own case), I like this tiny free desktop tool called PMeter: Pegtop PMeter which provides a color picker (taking any pixel on screen) and a rule (to see if things are aligned or how many pixels there).

I had posted this in another topic, but it seems apropos to place it here as well. These tools are all cloud-based on this website…

I used their paragraph writer AI tool and was astounded by the quality of copy it produced. In this example, I entered the term “bathroom renovation”, chose a “casual” voice, and the A.I. output the following paragraph…

If you’re looking to give your bathroom a makeover, then consider a renovation! Whether you want to completely gut the space or just change the fixtures, there are so many creative options and ways you can play with color and design elements to really customize it. From trendy tile patterns to adding extra vanities, from rustic shiplap accents to modern luxury features, you’ll be sure to find something perfect for any style or budget. Plus, updating this room can add value and energy efficiency that will last for years - what’s not to love?

This sort of thing can save me hours of copywriting for clients who don’t provide content, especially when it comes to subjects in which I have little expertise.

Enjoy these tools while they’re still free! Stuff this useful rarely stays free forever.

1 Like

Another site I found with a lot of useful tools

https://www.danstools.com/

2 Likes

Great website for creating SVG favicons with fallback for older/unsupported browsers. Just upload your SVG image and it creates the entire package to upload to your root directory, and the code to place in the head.

1 Like

A few of more tools/websites I use regularly in my development…

https://quillbot.com/grammar-check (no preview or this one, but it’s a great tool.)

1 Like

Ive had some good results with this Image upscaler (all though with all upscalers, eyes and teeth sometimes need retouching) available for windows, mac, linux

1 Like

With this one you can generate images online for your website

Upscale.media is no longer free (not surprising.)

Many of these free online tools for manipulating images, text and video are using A.I. to power their tools. The A.I. is not free, but developers absorb the costs during the development phase because they intend to turn the tools into paid products. They allow the public to use the early versions as a means of beta testing, so they can hone the products to perfection before they release them as paid products.

There are still some free image enlargement website, but they’re coming and going fast these days, because a lot of people are rushing to create paid tools for A.I powered image manipulation.

Here’s another free (for now) image enlarged that gives decent results…

Again, if these tools become very popular, expect them to turn into paid products at some point.

This is the only website I’ve found that offers a TON of free A.I. powered tools and pledges to keep them free is this site. The text tools are mighty impressive.

I’ve used https://free-for.dev before. Pretty cool

1 Like