Version 4.0.0 is out!

Great job guys! :D

Everything working OK :D

Solved with version 4.1 Thanks to the Bootstrap Studio team for its quick solution Best regards Antonio

Where can I download the Linux version? If I click on download the update in 2.7.1, it opens a blank browser screen

@micemincer, please read the roadmap in the forums Roadmap, but in short version 3 was skipped.

Normally I only had to restart BSS in order to get the new update installed, for 4.0.0 I had to download it and then install it manually. Anyone else? I haven't ran the update yet. I'm sticking with the current one until I've finished my current project.

Awesome guys, loaded it up and only a couple things that I need to report, so far lol, that weren't there before.

Custom Code boxes (mine are within accordions on this project in case that matters) are almost impossible to select without having to use the Overview tree to do so. Didn't have that difficulty before. In fact now, it is like it's not even recognizing that I've clicked on the custom code box, it just ignores my click and what I had highlighted previously remains highlighted. I'll test this further in a bit to make sure it's not just these particular ones in the accordion. What I have in them is MP3's if that matters as well.

1. There's an issue with copy and paste out of email in that sometimes (can't pin point what the criteria on the sometimes is, sorry) it will paste ok and sometimes it's grabbing the HTML code instead of the text I'm highlighting. It should just copy and paste the actual text, not the code. Didn't have this issue at all before either.

That's all I have for now, great treat when I got home from vacation, thanks!

@Kriss: What you did is what we all had to do for this update so you're all set :)

SX missing in the visualizations section, I have to set default to 'none' then the rest to 'block' - which is a pain.

Cols are not in-line if in a container, the container needs: display: flex setting on it otherwise the new flex cols do not align as before.

@nige, from what it sounds like, you are missing the row component.

<div class="container">
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
</div>

Apparently, you are able to add columns to a container without the row component automatically being added for you in BSS4. I thought BSS3 would automatically create the row component if you dragged a column into something that didn't already have the parent row component. But I can't verify that anymore because I can't tell if there was an app engine change that has effected the BSS3 version. I thought it used to though.

So it should look like

<div class="container">
    <div class="row">
        <div class="col"></div>
        <div class="col"></div>
        <div class="col"></div>
    </div>
</div>

The row component has display:flex automatically in BSS4 and the col component lines up automatically as well. Once you have that I would think you should use the COLUMN option for settings col sizes and don't use the RESPONSIVE options for settings like that.

BS4 is much more strict with mobile first method so there is no XS setting because is now truly the default sizing and you built up from there.

Saj

The row component isn't added when trying to drag a column into a column in version 3, it just doesn't allow it at all let you do it. Would be more beneficial if it did the Row though.

Yea, no rows in there and was fine on the last version. It's an easy fix though.

I had a few floats in custom css to have things the way I wanted but that's caused all sorts of problems, I much prefer the 'flex' system though so happy to update.

I have some problems resizing the cols in some cases but I'll work it out.

Thx, Nigel

Even in BS3 you should have had the row component as the parent component to columns. It's required for proper column spacing. As well as having a container(-fluid) component somewhere as a parent to your grid. Because the container(-fluid) adds side padding and the row uses negative side margins to compensate so that the grids columns evenly line up. As well as the column padding that gives back the side spacing that you lost on grid it's self. All working together to make the spacing all line up.

Everyone that is not that familiar with Bootstrap Grid system should start here so that you will get a better handle on how to code your sites more appropriately. http://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/layout/overview/

I come back to that site many times so that I code my components as best as I can.

Saj

Yeah I just always had to manually add the row or div myself from the components. Just saying it didn't do it automatically for you as the OP is asking for it to do. Would be nice if it did.