Why do my customisations get ignored?

Hope you can help with this as it’s beginning to do my head in!

When I change certain things in the css sheet, such as background color, it changes while I am doing it but as soon as I click out of the area it reverts back to what it was originally, even if I then use the !important hack.

Here’s a couple of examples:

#optin {
  background: #4C9ED9;
  padding: 10px 0;
  color: white;
  -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
  text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
  font-size: 1.2em;
}
.hero-text {  
  background:rgba(62,66,73,0.5);
}

The background changes in the editing screen as I type it but then goes away.

Also, when I add a new section it wont let me add the things I want in the order I want them.

For example, here’s the optin section of the site I building and how it should be laid out:

<section>
   <div class=&quot;container&quot;>
     <div class=&quot;row&quot;>
        <div class=&quot;col-sm-8
        </div><!--- col-sm-8 --->

<div class=&quot;col-sm-4
        </div><!--- col-sm-4 --->
    </div><!---row --->
  </div><!--- container --->
</section>

With Bootstrap Studio it wont allow me to add a div with the class of col-sm-8 to the row, I am forced to use column and that gives me a locked class of col-md-12.

Any idea how I can overcome this?

Cheers
Alan

Doh!

Straight after I posted this I took another look and spotted what the problem was!!!

I had been trying something out with a media query and that was above all my other style settings! It would only show my styles if I viewed it in the mobile setting!

Shoot me now!!! Lol

Cheers

Alan

Hi AlanC, I just wanted to answer your column issue. If you create your column and then select it, top right is the options for the selected element and there is where you can change the columns size from 12 to anywhere from none or 1-12.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:
Saj

Thanks Saj