WordPress support in Bootstrap Studio?

I am fine if the initial release of BSS support for WP is purely front-end. But if it comes with these WP functions that would be a bonus

Again, thank you for the great feedback!

Importing existing themes won’t be possible since we are not adding PHP support. Our integration will be very simple and lightweight, it will be just a few settings in the sidebar.

@bss_user Yes, this will just give BSS users another option for constructing websites for clients. It won’t change the nature of the app in any way.

@printninja The integration won’t affect the performance of the app. The issues you’ve faced could be due to some memory leak that shows up after prolonged use. We will fix this when we have the chance.

@dickykreedz Backend isn’t really what the app is designed to do. There are heavy weights like Jetbrains, Visual Studio and more which handle this perfectly. Supporting PHP or other backend languages will make drag and drop nearly impossible. It is best we stay focused on the frontend.

Correct, nothing is changing, if one doesn’t need WordPress they won’t see anything different in the app.

Most of these will arrive in future updates. We will start with the basics that you get with an out of the box WordPress install. Custom post types, fields etc will come later. WP menus and page templates may never be supported if we can’t offer a simple visual UI for them.

4 Likes

True. The purpose of WordPress, it helps people/businesses build sites (blogs, portfolios, or online stores) that they want to sell.

People may not spend too much and can be optimized for SEO.

I build Shopify, Drupal and Joomla before yet I prefer WP.

WP menus and page templates may never be supported if we can’t offer a simple visual UI for them.

About menus:

I think the problem is mainly with the Bootstrap components - some of navigation types don’t support multi-level nesting (I mean nav, dropdown, etc.)

Maybe limiting the depth (e.g. to 1) would be some idea?

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/242068/how-to-limit-wordpress-menu-depth-in-admin-panel/377002#377002

I think is a very good idea.
I have four Wordpress mini-sites at work, and so I’m very interested.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello @vikrantrathi,
I’ve also used nicepage, but due to dozens of problems in your models and in the program I requested the cancellation of the purchase, it was extremely difficult to cancel, I had to call PayPal to achieve this.
Well as for having the blocks this is interesting, but today it is possible to import html and convert to bss, this works for nicepage templates, see the example link.
https://apresentacao.bss.design/
The conversion is in the link below, a tool developed by our friend, @R.Omer
Update: Convert your HTML to Bootstrap Studio Document (.bsdesign) - Tips and Tricks - Bootstrap Studio Forum

1 Like

Please, Please Don’t :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Imagine the weight it will generate when you open the program.

I don’t know if your friend is new to BSS and if you are aware that we have a resource for online block models, the image shows where to find this resource, just click on the place highlighted in red in your BSS.

From a review of nicepage(dot)com

“The only way to cancel your Nicepage account is to log into the forum and post that you’d like to cancel your license.”

Nothing shady there. Yipes!

I just made an observation about the Nicepage software. I realize it had nothing to do with your suggestion about adding more components.

As @gilmar pointed out, there are hundreds and hundreds of user-created “blocks” for Bootstrap Studio available online.

Personally, I don’t want any more built-in components. The more stuff that the program has to load, the longer it takes to start, and the more system resources it will require.

1 Like

Because I use bss to create a framework which I will then customise to suit my clients requirements, not to just drag and drop components that will look like a thousand other sites. I really don’t give a **** if I’m using the same software as 2 million users churning out the same **** as each other.

1 Like

Hi @martin, it sounds interesting
I do SEO and WP optimization
As you know and everybody here mentioned the WP ecosystem is a nightmare.
CF7 loading on a page that does not contain a form is one of the 1000’s of examples out there.

Most of the issues with WP is that every page loads too many fonts/css and js, put it in a different way, every page should load only what is required to display properly and nothing else.

I would like to suggest a clean WP boostrapstudio theme for bootstrapstudio developers with WP clients, so we still have access to full power of bootstrapstudio without the extra bloating.

And maybe a plugin page to remove all the other css/js from that page when it is used in conjuction with bootstrapstudio?

That should give bootstrap an opportunity to shine, with a fast page load and become a different solution in comparison with the popular bloated frontend solutions.

Happy to be a beta tester if you decide to go ahead.

Regards

Luis

Your analogy is totally pointless, with google I am the end user. With design/development software I am supplying for the end user.

I develop website for clients that pay good money, I make sure that their site works how they want, giving them unique features that wouldn’t be available by just dragging pre-built components onto a page. Works great for a non bespoke budget website, but that isn’t what I offer.

I just won a contract, not by being cheapest, but on the fact that I was willing to talk to the client about what they wanted, and how their business was going to develop. The other developer sent them a link to premade templates and asked them to choose the one they wanted, one of which was used by their main competitor.

Also if you look at the components currently on the online library, around 80% of them are badly coded. Why spend time debugging other peoples mistakes when you can write your own component.

4 Likes

@vikrantrathi how about you take your request to the version release post, you are here to know the interest of users in WordPress support and your answer ended up removing the main focus of the subject of this post.

Funny thing about most tech/dev forums, ask a question about a particular language or tool and sit back and watch the fireworks. It is abundant on Stack and this thread is starting to shine that was why I was initially hesitant to even comment.

It looks like there is interest in adding the functionality, but how about we wait for the decision from the devs if they are going to pull the trigger before we crap over the usefulness or even its execution (blocks, etc.).

I am not a fan of WP, but there are some clients that want to use it. The benefit to me then becomes obvious. As a developer on my personal roadmap BSS to Django, SSG , and WP is a top priority, but you know time. If BSS can provide part of that great if I am using PineGrow’s tool it is what it is.

2 Likes

I think to settle this crazy conversation, @vikrantrathi the components that are included in BSS are the same ones that are included with Bootstrap itself. There are a handful more than that I’m sure, but for the most part, that’s why you don’t see a lot. The app mostly mimics what is included with Bootstrap itself.

If you want more components, make them, add them to your library then so you can reuse them. Pretty simple and will save you work later. I doubt very much you will get the team to add tons more components. They add one here and there, that’s about it. Make the rest for yourself and move on.

1 Like

correct me if I am wrong, I think wp_nav_menu() can handle it with a ‘walker’ - custom php that handles conditions for bootstrap.

Taking advantage of the publication I would like to ask if there is a possibility of making a text box field available in the editing options of the components in the BSS, for example, similar to what exists in the WP theme builder plugins, Elementor.
Dear that for a good functioning it would be recommended to exit the edit field using the “Tab” key, the “Enter” would be used to break the line in the text.
Again this is just a suggestion.

Why not, the more diverse the better, also they can work well together or separately, for me it’s a win, win idea.

Go for it. I am sure that the devs will still focus on the main core as well.