WordPress support in Bootstrap Studio?

Hey Martin, I think this is ultimately you and your teams call, that said, would doing it increase the exposure of Bootstrap Studio and in turn your revenue stream?

I guess as long as the core design attributes of Bootstrap Studio are maintained and functionality for those not wanting to build Wordpress themes are unchanged then why not? It’s all about supply and demand and Wordpress is a big market and worth tapping into subject to what you need to do to make it happen and it’s cost effective.

Pinegrow of course are already in the market, although I do find Pinegrow heavy going.

I personally would welcome the change and forward thinking to opening up Bootstrap Studio to a bigger market, good for you and good for business.

2 Likes

Just another thought on this comment. ‘Field of Dreams’, If you build it, they will come.

Hey, it sounds cool, but how do you plan to integrate:

• custom post types and taxonomies
  • repeatable header / footer / custom sections
  • multiple and nested menus
  • support for custom fields, including ACF
  • page templates
  • different image dimensions for different devices (with srcset)

I will not agree. Let me ask you something:

If you want 100% saving and code optimization, why do you use Bootstrap, which (like any framework) gives you a lot of unnecessary code?
This is the first thing.

Second: did you know that it is possible to customize Elementor to give you the ultimate HTML code that is fully Bootstrap compatible and works without Elementor CSS and JS?
So I don’t see the optimization problem you write about.

I think you criticize software that you have no idea how to customize to make it work the way you want it to.

Wordpress is for people, not for programmers :wink:
Just like MacOS and Linux

I was Web Dev for my friend in his company, he had one rule. I had to use elementor for the front and I didnt like it at all, its so bloated with boilerplate code and html that its unbelievable and the performance is tragedic, we were making huge fitness ecommerce product for his friends with online store etc integration, diet plans etc. I will never ever like wordpress way of making stuff.

WP is used cause it can delivery pretty quickly the final product with low effort and low cost = more clients, sadly or not i ish cms like wp would die cause im done with it

Same that @jo-r: no need for me; I don’t use WordPress, never, under no circumstances. My opinion is that you have enough subjects in the pipeline. This said, for me, going to WordPress is good if you target final customers (ie. go to BtoC), but if you continue to target professionals in website creation (ie. stay in BtoB), you’ll stay away from any CMS.

I don’t use bootstrap at all. I’m using React, Tailwind in my daily usage. I left bootstrap a long time ago. I still would like to see BSS expand into different path cause I still could use it for more static like projects and for rapid development for less serious projects/websites. Bootstrap is not really a framework tbh, so u mistunderstanding the differences between framework/ui lib etc.

Second: did you know that it is possible to customize Elementor to give you the ultimate HTML code that is fully Bootstrap compatible and works without Elementor CSS and JS?
So I don’t see the optimization problem you write about.

I have used elementor almost 4 years ago even if so, you cant avoid the whole boilerplate that im talking about. Im consistently looking at new tools/updates and other infos about web dev, especially front end and havent see any interesting changes in wp-related tools/plugs also wp is really unsafe, you have to be really careful with using wp especially external plugins + wp is open source, so even worse else if you can get rid off elementor js and css what would be the point of using it in first place.

So what it is then?

Google “what is Bootstrap” and 95% of the hits call it a “Framework.”

1 Like

Bootstrap is not really a framework tbh, so u mistunderstanding the differences between framework/ui lib etc.

You exactly know what I’m talking about:

I have used elementor almost 4 years ago even if so, you cant avoid the whole boilerplate that im talking about.

A few redundant DIVs in the code really isn’t an optimization problem.

Using Elementor and WP I have no problem with achieving 90% in Google PageSpeed

That’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

Wordpress suffers from the same problem that Adobe Muse suffered from… both allow laypeople to fill up the web with junk.

At least Adobe recognized the problem and killed Muse.

This is what I think of when I think of a Wordpress website…

5 Likes

I literally asked this question on Twitter today. I see lots of people claiming that 30-40% of sites are built using WP. I would like to see some reliable stats on that.

It’s probably true.

Wordpress is one of the cheapest and easiest ways for a non-developer to get a website up without using an online “builder” like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, etc…

All you really need to do is buy a basic hosting plan from any major domain/hosting company (GoDaddy, Hostgator, Bluehost, etc…) and they’ll give you “1-click” Wordpress install from C-Panel. Most intro plans end up costing less than $100 a year.

Regarding stats…

https://trends.builtwith.com/cms

1 Like

Wordpress suffers from the same problem that Adobe Muse suffered from… both allow laypeople to fill up the web with junk.

But that is the business of these people.
Neither mine nor yours…

1 Like

Some in favor and others against, I believe that the best solution would be another tool capable of opening the bss project and converting it to wp, so anyone who wants this tool uses it and those who don’t will not have any of the problems mentioned above. If a new tool is created and is charged I would like to ask, if possible, a discount for those of us who have already purchased bss.

1 Like

That’s a great idea.
I await its release.

2 Likes

I am fine if the initial release of BSS support for WP is purely front-end. But if it comes with these WP functions that would be a bonus

Again, thank you for the great feedback!

Importing existing themes won’t be possible since we are not adding PHP support. Our integration will be very simple and lightweight, it will be just a few settings in the sidebar.

@bss_user Yes, this will just give BSS users another option for constructing websites for clients. It won’t change the nature of the app in any way.

@printninja The integration won’t affect the performance of the app. The issues you’ve faced could be due to some memory leak that shows up after prolonged use. We will fix this when we have the chance.

@dickykreedz Backend isn’t really what the app is designed to do. There are heavy weights like Jetbrains, Visual Studio and more which handle this perfectly. Supporting PHP or other backend languages will make drag and drop nearly impossible. It is best we stay focused on the frontend.

Correct, nothing is changing, if one doesn’t need WordPress they won’t see anything different in the app.

Most of these will arrive in future updates. We will start with the basics that you get with an out of the box WordPress install. Custom post types, fields etc will come later. WP menus and page templates may never be supported if we can’t offer a simple visual UI for them.

4 Likes

True. The purpose of WordPress, it helps people/businesses build sites (blogs, portfolios, or online stores) that they want to sell.

People may not spend too much and can be optimized for SEO.

I build Shopify, Drupal and Joomla before yet I prefer WP.

WP menus and page templates may never be supported if we can’t offer a simple visual UI for them.

About menus:

I think the problem is mainly with the Bootstrap components - some of navigation types don’t support multi-level nesting (I mean nav, dropdown, etc.)

Maybe limiting the depth (e.g. to 1) would be some idea?

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/242068/how-to-limit-wordpress-menu-depth-in-admin-panel/377002#377002