Add banner privacy

Hello everyone, I have a problem. I can’t figure out how to make a privacy banner for my site created with bootstrap studio. Can anyone direct me to the solution?

thanks a lot

I think you will need to be more specific as to what a “privacy banner” is.

If you’re talking about the cookie pop-up that is required on websites in the EU, I would go to the BSS online library and search “cookie.” There are a few different types of dismissible banners there which you can probably change the text on to suit your needs.

There is no built-in component in BSS that offers a specific type of “banner” but the Bootstrap toast component (which is in the program’s components, under the Misc section) is the typical way one would create a notification container that can be closed by clicking on an “x”.

FYI - by default, toasts do not work in Bootstrap or Bootstrap Studio without creating a javascript file to initialize them. For example… $('.toast').toast('show');

You can see a working example here…
https://thelightwavegroup.com/toastexample/index.html

Yes, the reason is: “cookie pop-up that is required on websites in the EU”

I test your solution. But the toast is only visible for a few seconds and then disappears. It is also always seen to the left of the monitor. I would like it to show until I click on it and it stays at the bottom of the monitor. It’s possible to do it?

I used this code to test

... function js_body() { $('.toast').toast('show'); }
    </script>
Title10 min ago×

Nullam id dolor id nibh ultricies vehicula ut id elit. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus.

Your Favorite Source of Free Bootstrap Themes

We can help you build better websites using the Bootstrap CSS framework! Just download your template and start going, no strings attached!

Find Out More

Okay, your question is starting to sound like you just want someone to teach you, step-by-step, how to build a particular feature you want on your website because there is no pre-built component for it in the Bootstrap Studio program.

That is not what this forum category is for. This category is for help with using the Bootstrap Studio software. Not for teaching people Bootstrap, CSS and/or Javascript.

Nevertheless, I explained to you that the the program has a Toast component that does what you want. I recommended searching the BSS online library (because I know there are a few of these dismissible “cookie message” components already up there that others have created.) I even went so far as to build a page with the working component for you to see (or copy if you want.) As far as timing, there are options in BSS’s Options panel for setting the period of time until the toast disappears, or whether you want it to stay visible until clicked on. Have you looked into any of this?

Lastly, I gave you the link to the Bootstrap page that has all the resources necessary on how to create and use the Bootstrap Toast component. The page even has an example showing you how to place the Toast where you want it on you page.

I’m sorry, but if you still cannot figure this out with all the information I’ve provided, then I’d say what you actually need is someone to teach you how to write code. We don’t do that here.

I recommend you post your question on stackoverflow.com

@xinyiman
I think this can be something for you