I love the new Expand/Collapse feature! I've been wanting something like this for awhile now, and was pleased to see it implemented. That said, I have a few suggestions:
- It would be great if I could Expand/Collapse all sections of a pane (like Overview or Studio) without having to either scroll up to the top (in Overview) or close all the branches of a pane individually (in Studio). Sometimes I'm way down in the document Overview, or I've expanded multiple branches of the Studio pane while browsing.
- Sometimes it's a pain going into the Expand/Collapse submenu over and over again. If the feature I mentioned above were implemented, perhaps the first click on "Collapse" could collapse the current element (if it's not already collapsed) and then another click could "Collapse All"?
- The keyboard shortcuts for Cut/Copy/Paste don't seem to work with elements in the Overview pane.
- When I select an element and then activate the "Move" feature, sometimes I want to move the element to somewhere directly above itself, but the other buttons are in the way (Select Parent, Duplicate, Hide, etc.). Maybe we could hide those other buttons so they are out of the way whenever you are currently holding down the mouse button on the Move feature?
- When the thing I mentioned in number 4 gets in the way, I then try dragging the element to Overview pane, but the Overview pane has shifted all over the place by the time my mouse crosses over all the other items in the visual editor! Deactivating the feature where the Overview panel jumps around while trying to drag something over to that panel would fix this. Or perhaps even better, just make it so that there is a momentary delay between dragging an element over another element and then having the Overview pane scroll to the element being hovered over. That would allow you to either quickly drag an item to Overview, or let you hover over another element before you drag the original element to Overview. That would be cool!
- Next to Appearance, Options, and Animation, it would be really convenient to have another pane that lists everything you've customized for that element. If you couldn't modify attributes directly from there, maybe you could just click on something and then be taken to the appropriate pane/branch where you could modify your customization!
- Would be cool if when entering certain values, they defaulted to "px" or "em" or something. Sometimes I want to just keep trying out numbers without typing "px" over and over again.
- There are a few attributes I modify often, and it would be nice to have them in the Options pane (or perhaps a custom pane, where designers could have easy access to certain HTML attributes that they modify often). For me it's mostly the ID attribute. What if we were able to just move the Attributes pane up next to Options? That would save us from having to open and close the HTML window every time. It feels like the Attributes window is in the wrong place, taking up too much real estate from the HTML window.
Hope that helps! So far loving your product. Keep up the good work :-)