AI is taking over... (Nothing to do with BSS - or is it?)

I was just playing around on https://beta.openai.com/ an artificial intelligent system that is meant to write content.

I noticed that it could do limited coding, so I thought I would give it a try:

Input:

/* write html using bootstrap to ask five questions:
1. input: what is your first name
2. input: what is your last name
3. input: what is your company name
4. input: what is your email address
5. input: what is your country
and a submit button and reset button
*/

and it threw out:

<html>
    <head>
        <title>Questions</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.4.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-Vkoo8x4CGsO3+Hhxv8T/Q5PaXtkKtu6ug5TOeNV6gBiFeWPGFN9MuhOf23Q9Ifjh" crossorigin="anonymous">
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="container">
            <h2>Questions</h2>
            <form>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <label>What is your first name?</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="firstName">
                </div>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <label>What is your last name?</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="lastName">
                </div>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <label>What is your company name?</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="companyName">
                </div>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <label>What is your email address?</label>
                    <input type="email" class="form-control" name="email">
                </div>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <label>What is your country?</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="country">
                </div>
                <div class="form-group">
                    <input type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" value="Submit">
                    <input type="reset" class="btn btn-secondary" value="Reset">
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
    </body>
</html>

A little scary, but going to be great next time I have a long form to create :grimacing: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

mmm it was easy, why donā€™t you try the validations in javascript first to see whatā€™s up, then with some calculations or weilburgā€™s theoremā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll get into it later to see what I get out of the AI!
Well done! regardsšŸ‘

Iā€™ve been using ChatGPT all week. Itā€™s amazing stuff.
It wrote the bubble sort algorithm in Python and Javascript and explained Big O notation within seconds.
Seen people create Vue and Tailwind CSS components.
You can give it some code thatā€™s not working and ask it to find and explain the bug to you.
What Iā€™ve found remarkable is the clarity of the language used.
ChatGPT has crossed 1M+ users in 5 days.

1 Like

I saw an article on the BBC about it gaining the million plus users, thatā€™s what prompted me to look into it.

I found the chat quite limited, it was contradicting itself too much. But then when I went to the playground and started experimenting I was very impressed. First I started with it writing some website copy for me and even got it to write a poem and a songšŸ™‚

But the writing html and then later some JavaScript to validate the form was great.

Iā€™m going to have to give it a go bug fix next time I have a problem.

And congratulations on the Google ambassador role.

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently used the tools on this site to create some copy for a new clientā€™s construction website. The client had no content to give me, and since Iā€™m not an expert in construction, I found this tool to be a HUGE time-saver.

I was astounded by the quality of copy this produced. For example, I entered the term ā€œbathroom renovationā€ into the free paragraph writer, chose a ā€œcasualā€ voice, and the A.I. output the following paragraphā€¦

If youā€™re looking to give your bathroom a makeover, then consider a renovation! Whether you want to completely gut the space or just change the fixtures, there are so many creative options and ways you can play with color and design elements to really customize it. From trendy tile patterns to adding extra vanities, from rustic shiplap accents to modern luxury features, youā€™ll be sure to find something perfect for any style or budget. Plus, updating this room can add value and energy efficiency that will last for years - whatā€™s not to love?

5 Likes

@printninja TinyWow seems like a good find. I used the content improver to update some existing text on a site that Iā€™m working on. The client was very impressed (Not going to tell them that a computer wrote it :slight_smile: )

Some of the imaging tools are quite usefull as well

or as tinywow put it:

TinyWow proved to be a great discovery! I utilized the Content Improver to update some existing text on a website Iā€™m working on, and the client was highly impressed (Iā€™m not going to tell them that a computer wrote it!). Additionally, some of the imaging tools are incredibly useful as well.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning TinyWow. It looks like content has entered the AI age. Iā€™ve just spent 2 hours with TinyWowā€™s article creator and am generally stunned or highly impressed with the output. Itā€™s almost like a partial replacement for a Google search actually and definitely useful for content creation. No tiny ā€œwowā€ from me. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d say, ā€œget while the gettinā€™s good.ā€ If the site get popular enough, itā€™s only a matter of time before they start charging for the tools on it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that they do a paid version $3.99/month

No ads or captcha, faster processing and early access to new tools.

Seems quite good value, some of the other aiā€™s iā€™ve seen are starting at $10, just for the text tools

Exactly! Itā€™s what Iā€™ve been saying to everyone. I use ChatGPT and I know that wonā€™t be free for long.
Thanks to @richards Iā€™ll take a look at TinyWow also.

Whatā€™s just as scary is that there is one listed in the Software section of cPanel now as well (well itā€™s in mine, may not be all) and itā€™s listed in various ways in different sections of the cPanel too. All lead to the same one that does content, code, etc. https://copymatic.ai/

ChatGPT is now a normal part of my life. You were the one that got me started so just wanting to say thanks. And letā€™s see what GPT4 has in store for us, apparently due in the next few months or less. Very very interesting times! Cheers.

1 Like

I went to check out ChatGPT today and was dismayed to find that you cannot use it unless you give them your cell phone number. You canā€™t even use a VOIP like Google Voice or Skype. This reeks of data-mining and dystopian creep toward a 1984-style world. The product is only in beta, so I cannot imagine why theyā€™d have such ridged security concerns.

Thanks but no thanks. I have no desire to have your A.I. calling me up at some point in the future.

After some of the pointless calls from clients over the last few days, a call from an A.I might be more interesting :slight_smile:

Until the A.I. on the phone says, ā€œshall we play a game?ā€

2 Likes

Well this is interesting. The latest release of Pinegrow (which I consider to be the only real competitor to Bootstrap Studio) is now leveraging the davinci-model-003 language processor to add built-in ā€œA.I.ā€ assistant features to their software.

I just downloaded the newest version (7.2,) but since I do not have an Open AI account (and wonā€™t create one because I refuse to give them my cell phone number,) I canā€™t test out the A.I. features.

1 Like

I signed up for Open AI using one of my ā€˜fakeā€™ google account, no phone number needed, so that could be an option.

Iā€™ve been experimenting using AI to write copy for my new site over the last few weeks, I created an intro paragraph for the home page using tinywow about 10 days ago, yesterday I wanted to expand on the wording for the actual page, but I used openAI, it came up with virtually the same copy, which makes me belief that tinywow is powered by open AI too.

Seems google are having problems with their AI:

When did you sign up? Even using a Google account, it still asks for a cell phone number. I presume they send a code to the phone in order to verify youā€™re a real person. I can understand why they do this, but Iā€™m not comfortable giving my cell number to a faceless corporation that could do anything with my personal data in the years ahead. Iā€™m pretty anal about keeping my personal stuff private.

Tinywow has been quite useful to me so far. And so far, itā€™s the only one of these AI tools Iā€™ve found that you can just use without any sort of signup. Iā€™ve used it to write a lot of copy for some websites, and some self-promotion emails.

Iā€™ve also used their watermark removal tool, which works pretty well (though it does have its limits with complex details.) I was less impressed with their image upscaling tool. It didnā€™t do nearly as good a job as this siteā€¦

Although I havenā€™t tried the Chat-GPT code writing or website building tools, my thoughts are that the media is jumping the gun with all the ā€œAI is going to eliminate XYZ jobs.ā€ While Iā€™m confident that one day we will achieve general A.I. (and that will probably replace us as the dominant species on Earth,) these natural language model processors are nowhere near close to that kind of A.I. They are simply going to become tools (albeit powerful ones) to make certain peopleā€™s jobs easier. Theyā€™re not going to replace website developers any more than WIX or Weebly, or the website templates you can purchase on Envato, did.

Another interesting thing I read was thereā€™s a growing fear that these chat AIā€™s could to fall into an accelerating spiral of providing wrong information thanks to the media attention that is given to them when they make mistakes. They incorporate the media articles that contain examples of the AI making an error, and canā€™t distinguish that itā€™s an example of bad data. Then they output more mistakes, those mistakes are noticed by larger internet, expounded on, and the bad data grows.

Ultimately, everything Chat-GPT does is stuff that humans have already done. Moving forward will be no different. If someone isnā€™t actively monitoring the data which is being used to train the AI, things could go wrong quickly, in a big way.

It was in December (when I started this thread) that I signed up. Maybe they changed it since, or could be based on geographic locations.

I agree with you, these ai need to be used as tools to help us. I donā€™t think they will take over any time soon.

All the copy I have generated so far, I have ended up editing, re-reading and editing again. It does seem to generate repetitive paragraphs. But it gives a starting point.

Check out letsenhance.io that gives amazing results on upscaling.