Bootstrap 5 Alpha 2 released

we're getting closer to Bootstrap 5

I''d love to see it supported inside BSS really soon, even as a alpha/beta feature so that I can start learning it.

And if a new annual subscription is required to have Bootstrap 5 fully supported when it's in RC state count me in. I'm happy to pay more money to devs for Bootstrap 5 support.

BSS is a valuable tool that helps me earning my pay. Please devs don't wait too long, that would hurt my business.

Upcoming release schedule

A rough schedule of releases has been included here for planning purposes.

• v5.0.0-alpha2 in September 2020 (delayed due to team vacations)

v5.0.0-alpha3 in October 2020 (additional new features and breaking changes)

v5.0.0-beta1 in October 2020 (final instance of breaking changes)

v5.0.0-beta2 in November 2020 (beta bug fixes, possibly a 3rd beta)

v5.0.0 in December 2020 (stable release)

I myself would prefer no sooner than a Beta, although I believe they have stated multiple times that they implement them after stable releases. That is good practice so that they don't have to keep changing it on a constant basis when Bootstrap is in Alpha as many things can change multiple times when in Alpha stages, or be removed completely.

I personally would rather not have to deal with updating my sites on a constant basis to keep up with an Alpha and to me that's not something I would pay extra for lol. I would however pay extra to see it implemented as soon as possible after it's been released. Just my opinion of course, but I hate to see it end up being a mess, especially for newbies that wouldn't have a clue why such and such component no longer works correctly due to being removed from the Alpha setup.

@Jo beta is just a few weeks away, and final is supposed to be released December 2020. So not a lot of time to study and start practicing.

new bootstrap icons -released last august- support has been delayed to one of the next BSS releases, And martin has a long todo list. I'd love to start practicing with bootstrap 5 in a few weeks, when it will be beta (so no more breaking changes) in order to be ready the day it's released.

Yep we will integrate Bootstrap 5 when the first beta lands. It will take priority over other features in the todo list :)

@martin wrote: Yep we will integrate Bootstrap 5 when the first beta lands. It will take priority over other features in the todo list

THANKS