Bootstrap Attribute help

I bought a book called "Sams Teach Yourself Bootstrap in 24 hours". One of the first projects has you create a Bootsrap starter Template. I tested this code in latest ver. of Firefox, IE9, and Chrome. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like what the book shows. I'm testing this from the file on the browser and wrote the code in Notepad++. I also noticed that the data-toggle attribute does change color to red like the other attributes do. Code is below `</p>

<p><html lang=“en”></p>

<p><body>
<nav class=“navbar navbar-inverse navbar-fixed-top”>
<div class=“container”>
<div class=“navbar-header”>
<button type=“button” class=“navbar-toggle collapsed” data-toggle=“collapse” data-target="#navbar" aria-expanded=“false” aria-controls=“navbar”>
<span class=“sr-only”>Toggle navigation</span>
<span class=“icon-bar”></span>
</button>
<a class=“navbar-brand” href="#">Project Name</a>
</div>
<div id=“navbar” class=“collapse navbar-collapse”>
<ul class=“nav navbar-nav”>
<li class=“active”><a href="#">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="#about">About</a></li>
<li><a href="#contract">Contract</a></li>
</ul>
</div><!–/.nav-collapse–>
</div>
</nav>
<div class=“container”>
<div class=“starter-template”>
<h1>Bootstrap Starter Template</h1>
<p class=“lead”>Use this document as a way to quickly start any new project.<br>All you get is this text and a mostly barebones HTML document.</p>
</div>
</div></p>

<!–/.container–>

<p><!–jQuery (necessary for Bootstrap’s JavaScript plugins)–>
<script src=“https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.1/jquery.min.js”></script></p>

<p><!–Include all compiled plugins (below), or include individual files as needed–>
<script src=“js/bootstrap.min.js”></script>
</body>
</html>`

Since this isn't something you're using Bootstrap Studio for and are coding it manually yourself, you need to go to the Bootstrap website and ask these questions. This forum is for people needing help with Bootstrap Studio software. Good luck with it though!