Bootstrap Studio with Composer

Hi Everyone, I am using Bootstrap Studio for front-end development and I am very happy with it. If I need back-end scripts I write code using custom code property of Bootstrap Studio, it goes very well as well. However, I want to use existing PHP libraries in Packagist with Composer (and with a simple framework if possible to make it easy) without re-inventing the wheels again and again! I don’t want to go "full" dynamic web page development (just for blog pages may be); static pages with database integration and with some php support. Use of Composer seems very logical to me but I can't decide how to proceed. Can anyone recommend me a PHP framework which supports MVC and Composer, or, should I try to use just the Composer and the Packagist libraries without any additional framework. Thanks in advance.

I have never used any framework to date. I only use PHP to create multi-lingual sites and to get data from a database where standard PHP is more than adequate for what I need.

I use BootstrapStudio to create my layout and templates. Then I export all to a set of maps on my HD and load everything in Dreamweaver where I start to rename all files to .php instead of .html. Then I create additional folders and move some of the assets Ie.g. images) to these new folders (!!All from within Dreamweaver!!). Then I take out common code (such as the menu and footer) and move them to new php files that I then include in every regular page of the site I'm developing. For the DB access I use the regular php included commands for MySQL.

Hi @BESLO Thank you for your kind answer. Perhaps you already know, you don't have to rename the exported .html files manually to .php; I am using a simple export script for this purpose like this: #!/bin/bash cd $1 mv index.html index.php I am trying to do something with Composer and Packagist, I let you know if I get some meaningful results.

@ta1db: Pleaseeeeeeee post in one place and if you need to reference another post do so, but don't post in multiple places all over for the same thing. You just wasted minutes of my time opening up the same post over and over basically.

@Jo What a nice welcome! Glad to meet you! You could simply save your wasted time and also the times of other members by not writing the meaningless words above and to the other post as well. By the way, thank you for your valuable contribution to the community.

@ta1db, I'm working on Windows :-( and so can't use linux scripts but also I want to see to it that Dreamweaver is also automaticaly changing all references in all files accordingly when I change a filename.

In the custom component use

<?php  namespace /node/vendor/{component name} as component Class component(){ Public Function __create(Component $component){ $this->$new component.  // or $this->$component}

This will get you accesss to the component, but don't forget after saving the site, you may have to use and auto loader , for composer and app namespace

You can achieve the same thing with a Windows PowerShell script, rename the file, search and replace etc.