Bootstrap Themes

Hi,

This has probably been asked before but I was wanting to know if Bootstrap themes work in Bootstrap Studio?

More specifically the themes from here. How would I import them in (if possible)

I’m going to take a big wild guess here and say no. Those are all themes for sale, they are not free so I doubt very much that the BSS team is going to keep up with all the themes that keep getting added for sale there. There are a handful of themes included in the app, and you can also (in some situations) choose a color/buttons/etc. template to match those on Bootswatch to give you some more versatility of components and styles.

What is in the app is what you get at this point, and as I said I doubt very much you will ever find paid content in the app. Those sites change a lot, and it would be more work for them to spend on keeping up with the changes and addtions, not t to mention having to add a system that would allow for adding registrations for them into BSS.

Just sayin’, it’s a guess, but probably a good one. :slight_smile:

Anything Bootstrap-based can be “made to work” in Bootstrap Studio, with varying degrees of ability to customize via the program’s visual tools. You can import CSS, JS, and HTML as custom code, or recreate the HTML using BSS components (which are all official Bootstrap components.) But themes, templates, etc are never 100% directly importable into this program.

This program, first and foremost, is a website builder. It comes with a small number of themes, and that’s basically all you get. Perhaps, in time, the developers will expand it to include a large theme library (which would be kind of cool) but I don’t think it’s a huge priority for them.

Unlike a lot of other website builders out there like Wix, Webflow, Weebly, Squarespace, etc, that offer lots of templates, and cater to non-coders/non-developers, BSS is focused more towards developers and freelancers who like to create original Bootstrap websites based on the raw Bootstrap components.

Personally, I’ve never used a template because I find that inevitably, I end up having to modify them so much that they don’t save me any time. Further, I don’t want my client’s websites to ever look like anyone else’s websites, which is a rampant problem with template-based website builders. I call this the “two women showing up at a party wearing the same dress” scenario. It’s tres gauche. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: