Clean Carousel - How to add Captions?

I have looked at WC3 Bootstrap Carousel that has captions, and it does not look too difficult, however I read something about activating captions for Clean Carousel.

How can this be done?

Also I have not found the Help? area yet. Is there such? Then perhaps I would not be asking all these dumb nooby questions.

One other question, is the only way to edit the HTML through the little Attribute popups OR by turning a line into Custom Code?

Sometimes when I Copy and Paste a TAB I need to change things in the html to get the numbers correct, but I don't think I want to turn it into Custom Html and ruin the COMPONENT aspect. So then I tried to do it by adding a field to the Attributes href= in this case and then #Tab-7 and then enter and it changed the #Tab-7!

Is this the proper way to do this?

Thanks.

I don't know much about carousels, but you are doing the Tab code correct. You can replace most of the attributes for tabs a accordions and probably carousels and more by doing what you are doing. Good job figuring that out on your own!

Thanks, I'll work on it and report.

I'm not sure what you mean by clean carousel, are you meaning the "Carousel" component in the BSS app?

If so I'm not sure what you mean by Tabs? do you mean Slides?

If you are using the BSS app's Carousel component, You just have to drag a DIV element onto each of the Carousel's Slide components that you see in the Overview pane. Then give those DIVs the class of .carousel-caption. Then drag what ever content component you want in that DIV like H3/P etc...

To edit each of the contents, you have to switch between the slides using the toolbar above the Layout View pane. Which also has an Add Slide button that will add more slides and it will auto assign appropriate order numbering etc... You would just have to add the DIV and class etc.. for every Slide component you add.

I hope that helps :)

Saj

Dear Saj, Thankyou! Sorry, it is BSS "Image" component called "Carousel". with "Slides" , "Controls" and "Indicators".

drag a DIV element onto each of the Carousel’s Slide components that you see in the Overview pane. Then give those DIVs the class of .carousel-caption. Then drag what ever content component you want in that DIV like H3/P etc…

To edit each of the contents, you have to switch between the slides using the toolbar above the Layout View pane. Which also has an Add Slide button that will add more slides and it will auto assign appropriate order numbering etc… You would just have to add the DIV and class etc.. for every Slide component you add.

I'll try this. I had completely missed the "Layout View pane" with "Show Slide" and "Add Slide" Thank you! Will report back.

Sorry, the "Tabs" are a different BSS component found under "Containers". The "Tabs" are in a "Container" and have "Tab Items" and under that "Tab". Also at the same level as "Tab Items" is "Tab Content" with "Tab Panes" under that. I have been trying to use the horizontal "Tabs" as a menu tool to display content located in respective "Tab Pane". The tabs do not really work well while in BSS. Clicking on the does not do much to change the "Tab Pane". Jo has been helpful by explaining there is a bug and I should close/open BSS and click on "Show" at the very top and "Save" frequently, and have the Tab Pane that I want to show when it is opened, showing when I close BSS. They still are not working very well. I will push this further, but am looking for a decent alternative. Thanks again.

If you are using the BSS app’s Carousel component, You just have to drag a DIV element onto each of the Carousel’s Slide components that you see in the Overview pane. Then give those DIVs the class of .carousel-caption. Then drag what ever content component you want in that DIV like H3/P etc…

To edit each of the contents, you have to switch between the slides using the toolbar above the Layout View pane. Which also has an Add Slide button that will add more slides and it will auto assign appropriate order numbering etc… You would just have to add the DIV and class etc.. for every Slide component you add.

Yes Saj, big help. I would also add that to Edit the Caption use Overview to click on the Slide > Div class="carousel-captions" (that you created) > Heading which in the OPTIONS upper right, will bring up "Heading" with four action icon just below. Pick the Pencil to edit the heading. Then I selected under "Text Options" > Alignment "Center" It is showing just below the picture which might interfere with the Tabs, but we'll see. Thanks.

Now that I have that structure in there, how do I copy it to the rest of the slides easiest? In OVERVIEW Do I right click on the Div class="carousel-captions" and pick duplicate and then just drag it down to the next slide?

Hmm, that does not seem to be working for me, when I highlight the Heading in OVERVIEW and go to OPTIONS there is no Edit Pencil available.

Sometimes I get a little head of myself because I do a lot of self building and don't notice all the options in the Options pane for the components.

So using the Carousel component supplied by the BSS app, when you select a "Slide" component from the Overview pane, the Options page has a checkbox for "Show Caption" d'uh stupid me. So I'd say use that, no need to duplicate and drag/drop unnecessary components, sorry my fault. Once you check each slides Show Caption option, you use the toobar above the Layout View pane to switch to the Slide you want to edit, you then can double click the Slide Title and/or Slide caption wording to edit it or use the pencil icon in the Options pane for which one you selected.

The reason why the heading you selected doesn't have the pencil is because you have selected the heading of a slide that is not currently the active slide. I just tested that out :)

But yes you could do the duplicate/drag/drop to another slide but to edit that content you then have to switch to that slide to set it as the active slide from the toolbar above. But like I said don't worry about the duplicate/drag/drop just use the Options pane for each of the slides to enable that slides caption stuff.

Saj

Saj, awesome. Thanks. Below is for others and me later:

Working with Carousel Captions 1. Turn on Captions 2 . Select a “Slide” component from the Overview pane 3. The Options page has a checkbox for “Show Caption” 4. Check each slides Show Caption option. 5. Use toobar above Layout View pane to switch to the Slide you want to edit. 6. Double click the Slide Title and/or Slide caption wording overlaid on the slide, to edit it or 7. Or use the pencil icon in the Options pane for the slide selected.

If you don't want the Title text or Caption text just remove the text. Very nice. Thanks Saj

Working with Carousel Captions

Turn on Captions

1. Select a “Slide” component from the Overview pane
  2. The Options page has a checkbox for “Show Caption”
  3. Check each slides Show Caption option.
  4. Use toobar above Layout View pane to switch to the Slide you want to edit.
  5. Double click the Slide Title and/or Slide caption wording overlaid on the slide, to edit it or
  6. Or use the pencil icon in the Options pane for the slide selected.
  7. If you don’t want the Title text or Caption text just remove the text.

Glad you got it worked out :)

Saj