Create a custom template

Greetings, I am happy to have bought bootstrap studio,
I want to ask you may I create a custom template ?

Theoritically no, practically you can make a bsdesign file as your “template” but you cant make template like those in the main menu when youre creating a new project… maybe in the future bss devs will provide feature like this i would be glad honestly

1 Like

It would be great to be able to buy, sell, update new templates. After buying a lifetime license that takes about being able to use templates, themes and the html editor and finding what is available is very different than what is stated on the website I’ll disappoint these Irish aren’t what would be expected.

Seriously?

There’s nothing stopping you from buying Bootstrap website templates and importing them into Bootstrap Studio. Nor is there anything preventing you from using Bootstrap Studio to build Bootstrap-based website templates to sell on Envato or similar places.

The program comes with 16 templates which you can fully preview on the BSS website before you buy the program. It also comes with free forms, free web hosting, and e-commerce. It allows full editing of HTML, JavaScript and CSS from within the program, plus the ability to link to external code editors like Visual Studio. There is also a huge library of online components. All for a one-time fee of a measly $60.00! Show me ANY program that offers this much for $60 bucks.

Try building a website using Wix, Squarespace, Webflow or Wappler. You’ll pay $300-$600 PER YEAR for ONE WEBSITE!!! Pinegrow is $100 and it costs $100 a year if you want to keep it updated and comes with no included hosting.

Bootstrap Studio is ridiculously inexpensive and gives you more for your money than any other website builder anywhere.

3 Likes

What do you speak?

I don’t understand anything you’re saying (if I do) but I don’t understand your comment.

There is no more complete quality-price software than this.

Why is it that people don’t use the forum for polite conversation which is what they were peinado built for. I never said that I was not pleased with the price. The price is more than fair and I did not give it a second thought. So please back the fuck off.

I personally have no desire to sell. I’m not a designer and bought this program to help me learn. I have gone through the docs and I have learned to import other “modules” if you will. I don’t see any way to import a new template, and read in the form that it is not possible. I don’t see anyone selling BSS templates in the BSS format either. If I’ll wrong and not searching correctly please proved polite education to a new user.

I look forward to learning the program and I appreciate the developers who created it. If you can’t educate and share with people without chastising them as they learn what you know and are incapable of sharing them don’t use the forum.

1 Like

You can import templates that you have downloaded from one of the many bootstrap template sites. The following video will give you a starting point:

You could try templates from Bootstrap Agency Templates | BootstrapMade who have a good range of templates and mostly well coded.

1 Like

Saying the forum should be polite and then swearing at someone, kind of cancels out your comment. :thinking:

I’m sure we can all agree intention never translates well in text and it’s possible to mis understand what someone is attempting to communicate.

I read your initial comment the other way too.

1 Like

So which is it?

Your post didn’t ask for help. You expressed disappointment at purchasing a “lifetime license” for a program that you feel lacks features advertised on their website. This suggested you were unhappy with the price and product. I pointed out that the program has all the features advertised, and many more, for far less than the cost of competing programs - none of which offer lifetime licenses.

If you wanted help then maybe you should have asked for help instead of just coming here and making a post that trashes the program. :thinking:

You can save a website you’ve created and share (or sell) it to your heart’s content. This is tantamount to creating a template. If you need help with understanding how to import a Bootstrap website you’ve purchased, you simply need to ask for it. As you can see, @richards has given you an answer to that question.

You can’t add to the template page that shows up when you create a new website because this is an actual part of the software. Only the developers can create new templates on this page, and the reason is almost certainly so they can ensure the templates are of high quality and created correctly.

The online component library exists for users who want to share things they’ve created - which can extend to entire website pages. But as we all know, there are a lot of really bad components out there, which exemplifies why users probably shouldn’t be able to make templates for the program.

Lastly, cursing at me (or anyone else) here is totally uncalled for. Nobody appreciates it. If you are truly that upset with your purchase, contact the developers and ask for a refund.

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for the information and help. This was very helpful and answers some of the questions I had. I am working my way through the video’s on Youtube, but had not gotten to this one yet.
Have a great day.

regards

1 Like

My statement was in reference to the previous poster. I did not say I would not use the program or would not continue to work to figure it out. Rather than come in and bash on me, you could have politely pointed out what I was not seeing. Richard was very nice and shared a video to explain what I was missing and a site which had some items which were helpful. My tone was harsh I admit, but I have never met you, I assume you are not the developer, so you have absolutly no reason to come in and talk to me the way you did either, that was unacceptable. In the end, I appologize for my tone and thank you for the final information you did share.

regards

Reread your original post, and point out the part where you asked for help.

You trashed Bootstrap Studio by posting incorrect statements about the website being inaccurate and the software lacking features that it has. I responded to your incorrect statements. I’m sorry you feel this was “bashing.” It wasn’t.

Maybe next time just ask for help to begin with?

Hello,

Thank you again Richard. I was able to download a template from BootStrap Agency Templates that is similar to what I want to build. With the link to the instructions on the new features, I was able to properly import the html page and all requirements properly. This makes a world of difference. That little bit of updated information made a world of difference.