Direct import of components from codepen

Die Idee könnte sein, dass man eine Suche einbaut oder erweitert, die in codepen oder anderen ähnlichen Seiten sucht und die Komponenten mit anbietet. Somit ist es nicht nur leichter, sondern auch produktiver bereits von anderen erstellten Komponenten einzubinden.

In diesen Komponenten sollte es möglich sein Änderungen vornehmen zu können, so dass diese den eigenen Bedürfnissen angepasst werden können.

I don't read German so I'm unable to know exactly what you are asking for, but going by the title which you nicely put in English (confusing lol), ...

Since you cannot import components at all, I would not expect you will be able to import them specifically from various places. You can import HTML pages, but they won't be drag and drop editable, but you cannot import components on their own. Truly I don't ever see this happening (not that I wouldn't like to be able to do this too, I sure would, from anywhere), just not expecting it to happen.

Used Google translate. Here's what I got...

The idea could be to add or expand a search that searches in codepen or other similar sites and offers the components. Thus it is not only easier, but also more productive to integrate components that have already been created by other components.

It should be possible to make changes in these components so that they can be adapted to your own needs.

I do find code, snippets and scripts online that I "recreate" using Bootstrap Studio's components, and writing some custom CSS, but the process is tedious, and there's no practical way to automate it from inside Bootstrap Studio. If you search the Online library, there are a few components I created this way...

• Pop Out Tab
  • Animated Icon Accordion
  • Ultimate Sidebar Menu
  • Youtube Video Lazyload

These were all created from examples/code found online somewhere, and made to work within the Bootstrap Studio environment.

While the author's idea sounds good in theory, it could never work in practice, as there's no way to import HTML from Codepen (or any other Codepen type site) into BSS components which would then be adjustable through the program's Visual UI. It has to be done manually.

Sorry for the German text.

My idea in English text: The idea could be to build in or extend a search, which searches in codepen or other similar sites and offers the components with. So it is not only easier, but also more productive to include components already created by others. In these components it should be possible to make changes so that they can be adapted to your own needs.

@Yes I understand, but there are API interfaces that allow you to connect to certain pages or sources like codepen. The following interface allows to find users or collections etc.: http://cpv2api.com/ Maybe there are still some that also allow the fetching of components? Cool would be the material-ui components, because I find them very nice. Some things like button and so on can be downloaded, but I didn't find the "app bars". What is not nice of course, but a webcrawler would work as well?

Well you are bringing up another issue here as well. Material is not Bootstrap and Bootstrap Studio ... well the name "should" say it all there. So, I really don't think you'll ever see the importation of other frameworks when this app is designed to specifically use Bootstrap.

I would personally like to see the importation of our own HTML files fully editable in BSS panel settings before dealing with importing components.

I find that on a weekly basis (and I'm sure @Jo can confirm this) new users post in the Idea forum very "personal workflow-specific" suggestions based on the way they are accustomed to building websites. I'd say 99% of the suggestions I read are just not practical. They're either extremely niche type suggestions, or things that have very little to do with Bootstrap. Most of these posts get a few views and then just fall by the wayside, because they're simply not practical for the people who are really using BSS to build websites for a living. This program is literally my bread and butter. It's not a hobby. I make a full-time living just building websites with BSS, so I'm very vocal about what I think are or might be worthwhile additions to the program. So when some new person comes in and says, "hey, they should add Tailwind to Bootstrap Studio" I'm like, "WHAT???" Why would anyone want that? If you like Tailwind, use Tailwind. Don't try and turn Bootstrap Studio into Tailwind Studio.

I think the reason that so many requests for obscure things be added to Bootstrap Studio come from newer users is because they haven't spent nearly enough time using Bootstrap Studio to really understand its strengths, and what it's capable of as it is.

Codepen is a vast repository, but there are no standards. Nobody vets it. There are tons of pens done by amateurs that are just BAD. Also, probably most of them are not based on Bootstrap. Bootstrap Studio basically works best with outside stuff that is at least created using Bootstrap. For example, websites like Bootsnipp.com. That would undoubtedly be a better repository to import things from, but the truth is, there's a ton of garbage on Bootsnipp as well. Even Bootstrap Studio's own online library of components is full of lots of junk.

Personally, I see no real plus to a feature within BSS that searches the web for snippets when you can just do the same thing yourself with Google, and decide whether what you've found is even worth the effort of trying to bring it into BSS and rebuild it. Like @Jo said, there are many more important things the program needs that we'd rather see the devs work on... stuff that will actually make the program more powerful, and this, profitable.

I see many new people here (don't know if they really bought a license or just play with the free student version) just want a better Wix.

so why they use (maybe because it's free for them) BSS is beyond my comprehension.

Most don't even know what bootstrap is and don't care. They nonetheless expect BOOSTRAP studio to do something not even related to bootstrap.

Maybe the real issue is with BSS advertising here. Boostrap knowledge required should be written in the homepage. And that BSS is not an easy program. There's a learning curve. So if someone just needs to build its own website, will have better options than using BSS: Paying a pro is one. Wix is another.

I still think that BSS should be aimed at pros. For building many small websites, doing quick mockups. Studying bootstrap and selling websites for a living.

And I still hope that with Boostrap 5 the price model will revert to an annual subscription. More money for the devs and more devs working fulltime to a better program. Right now BSS development is slow. And that's slowing my business

I would have NO PROBLEM with an annual fee for BSS if it meant more and faster development. I cannot WAIT for the ability to select multiple components and apply a common class. That's going to save me hours of time.

So again, I don't have a free license and I am not a student. I write business applications and have to put layouts together quickly, because my customers place more value on the backend.

Thanks @Printninja for your hint to another application you gave me.

Because of the cost, I would also spend more if the tool meets my requirements. However, it is rather difficult in hindsight, because you advertise with a lifetime license.

The Lifetime license shouldn't make anything more difficult. It has nothing to do with your needs, just has to do with whether or not you want to keep paying every year for updates. And .. the price is so cheap that who wouldn't want to do that in my opinion. I've been using this app for over 4 years now and it has done more than I expected it to in many areas, and less than I expected it to in others. There are a lot of work arounds for many things while we wait on updates.

I too don't think this app is going to meet the needs of what you are wanting. It's really not setup for a backend system. It's pretty much a front end developer and although it "can" do what you need, it won't be all drag and drop and you'd need to use a lot of custom code blocks to do it which would limit the visual side of things for you. I use both BSS and Pinegrow depending on what I'm needing to create, so just choose what works best for you and go with it. :)

I understand. I don't want to do backend development with BSS, I just want to quickly create layouts that display the data from the backend.

Components that I have are mostly reused and or are often not sufficient, because better filters are needed (these must be easier to use for the user, e.g. by providing a better view).

Therefore on the one hand the already created components of mine that are used again and again and on the other hand the components that should give me food for thought or provide a prototype.

The whole thing as Drap & Drop and that would be perfect.