Divs & Columns issue

I hope this is a bug because it makes no sense lol.

I add a div within a row that has some columns in it (number of them is not relevant).
The div goes to the end free of any bonds to columns or anything other parent container.
I move the div between any columns and now it adds a column and puts the div in it. This is awful because I’m trying to just place an anchor for a menu link to a specific location on a page and when it puts the div inside a column it wrecks my page layout.

If I move it to the top of the Row above the first column, same thing, creates a column and puts the div in it.

This is a bad restriction as it gives us no way to just add something to a page quickly without resorting to custom code.

I can’t figure out why it would only do it if I move the div somewhere else inside the Row, but not if I put it at the end of the row (might be other places too, haven’t tested deeper than this).

Here’s hoping this is a bug … :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it is a bug, as it has been like that for as long as I can remember. I suppose that really that is how the framework would work. It isn’t just a div, adding a heading, span, almost everything will do the same.

A work around is to drag a container onto the page, and then drag a div into that and give it a class of row and then manually add divs naming them as cols or any class to suit your layout

nah that would be like reinventing the wheel since all of that is done for us in the app already lol.

Hmm, maybe the bug is that it “isn’t” adding the column if the div is in the last position of a row? That’s what I mean, it isn’t consistent. Doesn’t happen there, but happens everywhere else. :slight_smile:

Maybe its a mac bug, as on windows it will add the column wherever I add it,

if you can get it in at the end just add the order-first class to it, maybe that will work for you

Rows are wrappers for columns. If you place a component into a row it will wrap it into a column.
You place your anchor tags just above the row in the container
like this

<div class="container">
  <div id="myAnchorTagForFirstrow"></div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
  </div>
  <div id="myAnchorTagForSecondRow"></div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
    <div class="col"></div>
  </div>
</div>

@richards could be, and I’m finding that I learned a lot of bad habits before getting to BSS too lol. Rows/columns being one of them.

I will try that and see if it works. Sounds feasible.

@kuligaposten I think something is really goofy with the Mac version, I have a lot of issues that I reported and maybe this is another one of them, because I just fired up BSS and tried it again inside the row and it made a column even in the last place as it should. I have to restart the app and/or my computer quite often when working with the last couple of builds.

Either way I got it worked out and will do my best to practice better layout formatting.