Ecommerce components in Bootstrap Studio? Looking for feedback

So will we be limited in how many we can host then? Similar to the site hosting being only 5? Will there be fees for the service?

I guess we will all find out when the BSS devs are ready to share more info, so we shouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet.

Not jumping to conclusions here, just asking very pertinent questions as it may change how I look at the usefulness of it if I have to (or client has to) pay a fee to use it or if I can only do X number of shops for my clients and that’s it. I think those are pretty viable questions.

Ecommerce components would be awesome. They would allow us to build small product-selling landingpages in situations whenever setting up a shop will mean an overhead of costs.

It would be enough to focus on the basic requirements:

• A logic to calculate VAT for physical and virtual goods, after the user entered his delivery address.
  • Beside PayPal, paying by Bank Transfer should be an alternate option for those who do not want to use PayPal.
  • If the customer is an EU member and enters a valid VAT ID, a zero tax rate needs to be applied (EU law).

There is one special thing here in Germany and maybe other countries:
The final buy-button has to be deactivated until the user checks the “I agree to the serller’s terms and conditions”.

If you add some clever Javascript hooks to this basic checkout process, it would be possible for us to add such features like voucher codes or automatic order processing by other systems. Maybe as reusable Extensions, coded by Bootstrap Studio users.

Even the EU or german market related things mentioned above, could be submitted by the community, if such hooks exist.

@jo-r Unfortunately we won’t be developing a self-hosted version. We haven’t yet decided on the final pricing, but the ecommerce components will be free for small shops (less than 100 sales per month) and there won’t be a limit to how many stores you create.

For large stores there will be a monthly fee (in the order of $9-$19/m per store depending on number of sales). Charging for the service is the only way to make the service viable long term. I hope that the price is not too high ($9/m for a store with up to a thousand sales sounds reasonable I think).

@hschneider Thank you for the feedback! We’ll think about ways to make hooking custom logic possible.

1 Like

Sounds pretty reasonable so far so hopefully it will stay that way before it’s finished :stuck_out_tongue: Looking forward to seeing this in action!

How will things such as, Data, Privacy, Cookies, GDPR, etc., be handled considering BSS will be an additional piece along with the providers?

Also thanks for being so accessible within this thread @martin.

1 Like

For the price that sounds very reasonable and for a subscription user, the more you sell, the more profit you would make to cover the sub cost.

Sounds like this this be a similar model to shopify? Very intrigued by this :+1:

Brilliant idea! Thank you for you continuous improvement of your wonderful software. It is appreciated.

I work with JTL-Shop, it’s great solution, works with a combination from php, js, smarty and use bootstrap, would be great to design the frontend in BSS …greets

Amazing idea, its brings more horizons to BSS

Hi, I also agree to think it’s an awesome idea and feature to have. Hope you decide to do it. Thanks!

This is so amazing. I will use it extensively. Also, all our ideas can be heard, but left alone the possibility to use BSS for ecommerce projects shows the wide view and flexibility of your team.
Shops needing to be lightweight, seldomly found so definitley a number one for me again.

@martin have you looked at snipcart.com? It is very easy to integrate. Basically add a js file and css file from their cdn, add a hidden field and then a button with a minimum of 4 data fields.

This will probably save you months of development.

I Just knocked this example up in about 30 minutes

https://snippets.bss.design/snipcart.html

(It may give some errors on checkout as I’m playing with the currency settings at the moment)

@richards, yes snipcart was one of the ones I mentioned above and he responded to.

Instead they are building a hosted service on the BSS servers.

1 Like

Great improvement, thank you :+1:

The ecommerce components project looks very interesting. Can I ask if you would consider a PAYG option too for those situations where sales are more than 100 but substantially less than 1000? That could help in those situations of seasonal peak demand or those growing their business.
Thanks

Great Idea, and looks so nice, I hope that soon we can add digital products like videos