Hey guys! We are investigating adding ecommerce components to Bootstrap Studio, and are looking for your feedback.
Here is how we envision them to work:
- There will be a new Ecommerce group in the Components panel. It will contain blocks like Product, Product List, Membership Login, Membership Area etc.
- You grab a Product component and drop it in your design.
- In the component options, you fill product details, price, and link a PayPal and/or a Stripe account (could be yours or your client’s).
- When you publish/export your site, you get a product listing with working purchase functionality. Users directly pay into your linked PayPal or Stripe account.
- Purchase details are delivered to your (or your client’s) email address, so you can proceed with fulfilling the order.
This will work for both physical and digital products. It will be an entirely free service, the only fees that are charged are those by PayPal or Stripe.
With these components you can build an entire online store, or add ecommerce functionality to an existing website, without having to set up Shopify or WooCommerce etc. It could be a good fit for small shops.
Is this something you would use and would like us to add to Bootstrap Studio? Or maybe we shouldn’t bother? Looking for your feedback!