Edit, Delete, Overwrite Uploaded Component

@martin Hi Martin. I uploaded a couple of components. After uploading them I tried them out and there was a couple of things I would have changed. Is there a way to either edit, delete or overwrite an uploaded component? If not, could this feature be added? Thanks

1 Like

It would be good.
I have already mentioned this.

I never noticed your post but hopefully it’s been brought to the attention of the developers again. :grinning:

1 Like

It turns out you can delete shared components.

Unsharing Components

To remove a component from the Online library, right click it in the User group, select Share Online and then press the “Unshare” button. The component will no longer be visible to other users in the Online tab but previous installs will remain unchanged

You can then delete the component from the user group, edit your component then add it to the library again. Reshare it agian and there’s now only one online version.

I know.
It was my suggestion to update the ingredients.
So what you write is okay.
Update without new uploads and deletions. That was the point :wink:

I get your point. It would save a bit of messing about.

1 Like

The only downside to unsharing, deleting, and resharing components is that you lose any comments that were left and the record of how many times the component was installed. Not major issues, but still…

1 Like

I agree. I need some change.

The Online component feature is in desperate need of updating. It has needed it for a long time now.

I realize it’s low on the devs priority list, but as a “for instance” issue, I just deleted a shared component from my BSS program, naturally assuming that deleting it would also remove it from the Online library. Nope. It didn’t. And now, there appears to be no way for me to unshare it.

It’s not at all clear that in order to unshare a shared component, you have to right click on the shared component in your Studio tab, then click “share online” (even though it’s already shared) and only then can you see the Unshare button. Totally illogical and non-intuitive.

From the Online tab, if you click on a component you’ve shared, ideally there should be an Unshare button right next to the Install button.

At the very least, when you click on your name and bring up the window that shows all your shared components, you should have full control from here as to what you want to share or unshare. Ideally, you should also be able to rename your shared components. It would also be good if the Online library employed categories so when you share a component you can designated a category in which it resides (ex. Navbars… Modals… Buttons… etc…)

I would also suggest the online search feature include the ability to search by user name as a parameter, so you can quickly look for all the components shared by a particular user. Other possible ways to search that would be useful would be by number of votes, and number of installs.

Lastly, the Online library is just littered with - quite frankly - a lot of junk. There are hundreds of basically useless components. Silly things like ordinary buttons that are just colored differently or that contain some text other than “button” in them. There are Components with no descriptions. Components with meaningless or utterly confusing names. Components in other languages.

I don’t mean to rant, but wading through all this stuff makes the Online library that much less useful to everyone.

@martin or @gabby If you get a chance and can delete the shared component named “Click And Claim Navbar” from the Online library, I would appreciate it, as I can no longer unshare it myself. Thank you.

The online components section does need an overhaul but it may be wasted effort on our part - the components that users share won’t get any better. We will update the text of the “Share online” menu option to make it clearer that it works for unsharing too. If you’ve deleted a shared component, it will be re-downloaded the next time you start the app so you will still be able to unshare it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info about the program downloading the component on restart. That never would have occurred to me.

Maybe a 5 star user review system could be implemented, so we could filter for components by the number of stars they get?

1 Like