Exporting designs

Hello, I bought BSS few months ago and I really like it, but exporting design and then implementing it into new project takes so long, so my idea is if you could add some Update function, which will replace all current design files with newer ones, or some Git functions, I know that there is advanced export, but I don’t really know, how to work with it that I will be able to work with design in PhpStorm and if I would want to change something that I would update the design directly in PhpStorm.

Thanks all for response.

HI @RaidoN welcome to the forum.

I’m not sure if it will help with your workflow, but there was this user suggested git workflow utilizing an export script. Maybe the external editor support will also help you in some small way.

And what about function if I would export design and then it will automatically update files in the directory like it automatically updates .bss file?

Hopefully @martin will reply to your overall idea and concerns. I was merely trying to assist with possible information regarding a specific point within your inquiry. Sorry if it was unhelpful to you.

I really appreciate your help

No disrespect intended, but I am sort of perplexed by the fact that almost every week, people who’ve bought this program come to the forums to compliment it, and then post their “idea” that BSS lacks features to integrate with back-end languages (PHP, etc…) databases, CMS’s and so on.

A simple forum search reveals that it has been discussed many times in numerous posts that BSS is for FRONT-END website development ONLY, and the developers themselves have clearly stated that they have no intention of adding back-end capabilities.

And this makes perfect sense when you consider that BSS is only $60! The only visual-type builder I’m aware of that does complete front-end and back-end development is Wappler, and it costs over $550 A YEAR, EVERY YEAR for this capability! Pinegrow can give you more limited back-end access via it’s WordPress version, and that’s around $150 a year, every year.

In your own words…

I know that there is advanced export, but I don’t really know, how to work with it that I will be able to work with design in PhpStorm and if I would want to change something that I would update the design directly in PhpStorm.

So maybe the best approach would be to try and learn how to work with the advanced export feature, which was presumably added by the developers to address unique situations (which may or may not include yours) outside the realm of ordinary front-end file exports. I’m fairly confident the developers will not be adding anything to BSS to make it work with PhpStorm.

1 Like