GPT Chat x Bootstrap

Using the AI assistant recently added to BSS I noticed that it generates some problems in the project, such as removing some functions and element settings, I found it strange, but I remembered that…

Chat GPT stopped updating in September 2021, the current default version for projects in BSS is 5.3.2, released on September 14, 2023, maybe that’s why I encountered some problems when using GPT chat in BSS.

Bootstrap 5.3.2 - September 14, 2023

Bootstrap 5.1.1 - September 07, 2021

That’s a valid concern. The pace of development for frameworks and libraries like Bootstrap can be quite rapid, and it’s important for development tools to keep up-to-date with the latest changes to provide the most accurate and useful suggestions.

If a development tool like Bootstrap Studio offers an AI assistant that uses an older version of Bootstrap, there could be discrepancies or outdated recommendations when working with newer features, such as the light and dark themes introduced in 5.3. In such a case, the AI’s suggestions might not be fully reliable for the new features, and manual verification would be advisable.

When using any automated tool or AI assistant for coding, it’s a good practice to:

1. Cross-reference with official documentation: Always verify the suggestions against the most current version of the official documentation.
  2. Test extensively: Make sure to test the implemented features rigorously to ensure they work as expected, particularly if you’re working with newer versions than what the tool supports.
  3. Keep updated: Regularly check for updates to the development tool you’re using to ensure it’s current with the latest version of the framework.

If you’re working with the latest features, manual coding supplemented by official documentation is often the safest route.

“Quoted from ChatGPT itself” :genie:

1 Like