How do pages work?

I've created a mockup with multiple pages. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to export the mockup so that each of the designed pages become a page on the site.

For instance, I would like to export it like this:

• Index.html (mainpage.bsdesign)
  • Reports.html (second-page-v2.bsdesign)
  • FAQs.html (third-page-v2.bsdesign

etc.

I'm loving the product so far, but I've been unable to find anything related to pages and how to associate a bsdesign page to a webpage under Pages.

I think I may have just solved my own problem.

So if I understand this correctly, the entire site exists under one bsdesign tab. There appears to be a .html dropdown on the tab bar that corresponds to pages and it even allows you to add new pages here. Switching to the new page, reports.html in my instance, shows a blank page on the same main bsdesign tab.

So I kind of did this wrong by thinking EACH bsdesign page would correspond to an html page outside of index.

Is this how pages work?

I cannot work out what it is you're even saying here. Every project has the ability to include multiple pages by default, you just add a new page to the project. You need a menu (nav) in the project in order to navigate from page to page, and if you use the Linked Components setup it will allow you to create a nav that is the same on all pages with the ability to just update one page rather than all pages for the nav (or any other linked component).

There are 2 ways you can make a page, one of them is extremely intuitive if you have used many basic computer programs and that's using the File menu. Choose File and making a new page as well as other options are on that menu. You can also right click over the Pages section of the Design tree (not so intuitive) to create a page or folder and to import HTML pages (not recommended as you cannot use the functionality of the app for editing them well).

It doesn't sound to me like you have any idea how a website works or how to make one and that is most likely your first hurdle. I would highly suggest you get a handle on HTML, CSS and website structure via Bootstrap. Once you have a good handle on that, and you "will" need it in order to really put this app to work with all the functions available.

If this post doesn't cover what you're asking, you're going to need to be a lot clearer on what it is you're trying to do because none of the terminology you're using is relevant to web design so it's not easily decipherable what it is you're actually doing.

Yep, looks like we clashed our posts, but yes that's basically how it works. You put links into the nav buttons to go to your pages. You can right click anything in the Design page within the sections to get the path of that item (page, image, js, css, etc) to put into the URL or HREF of any link which should help you get the paths for your pages to put into the buttons (which you do in either the Options pane on the right or with the Attributes window (click the bottom of the app where you see HTML and Styles tabs sticking out, click to the right of either of those tabs and it will toggle that pane open and closed).

I jumped into the program and assumed that each .bsdesign page was a separate page, not the entire project.

The implication that I don't know what I'm doing because I couldn't instantly figure out how pages within Bootstrap Studio were meant to work, was rude and condescending. I'm actually a full stack developer at a Fortune 500 company, so I'm pretty sure I understand how webpages work.

I've said this before, but the devs REALLY, SERIOUSLY need to add a topic in the tutorials on how to add pages to sites. It's absolutely absurd that this isn't documented anywhere, and numerous people have gotten stuck trying to figure how to do such a fundamental, necessary thing.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into the upgrades and development of BSS, but for a professional piece of software, it's rather preposterous that there isn't a comprehensive user guide detailing every aspect of the interface and function of the program. IIRC, both Jo and I have offered to help create an official user guide, and the devs said no. Maybe it's time to create an unofficial one?

I design software and webpages in addition to REST APIs for the software that I develop. If I cannot figure out easily how to add pages within Bootstrap Studio, I can assure you that many other people have the same issue.

I was stuck after having already designed 4 - 5 bsdesign files, assuming that those would translate into .html pages within my site, searched the forums and the documentation and could find NO INFORMATION on how to do this, I came to the forums.

I didn't expect such a rude response from my very first post here.

@gdemaderios

Sorry. You have to forgive us. We spend a LOT of time in these forums dealing with people who are the exact opposite of you. They have never built a website before, and they buy Bootstrap Studio expecting to just push a few buttons and have a fully functioning website. They have no idea what they're doing, they don't read the tutorials, they don't watch the videos, and they don't search the forums. Answering noob questions day-after-day, month-after-month wears on your patience. It's like throwing life preservers to people who knew they couldn't swim before they went in the water.

I'm sure Jo did not mean to insult you.