How to go about making a forum?

I am developing a website for a program I am working on and wanted to make a Forum for the site. Is there a way to do this in bootstrap or would I have to pick something else.

Forums are a totally separate entity from a website. It’s not something that has anything to do with working with Bootstrap Studio. You can easily make a website and add a link to your menu to get to your forums, and do the same on your forums to get back to your website. If you’re not wanting to do that then check out SMF Forums as they have the ability to create a forum and website combo in one package. You’ll need a bit of knowledge to get around it, but it’s pretty nice.

Personally I would do separate entities and link them. Much easier and less hassle with having to update plugins and such like it is in Wordpress too. Too much nonsense!

If you need more assistance with this, please post in the Web Design Help section as this section is for help with Bootstrap Studio app. Good Luck! :slight_smile:

As jo-r said, you cannot make a forum with this software. Forums involve databases and back-end access. There are plenty of 3rd party forum software packages out on the web, both paid and free. I know that some hosting packages from companies that use C-Panel (ex. Hostgator, Bluehost and others) offer one-click Forum software installs. Then you would just set up a link in your BSS website navigation to the forum on your server. But you cannot do this with BSS free hosting. You will need a web server of your own (whether shared, virtual, private, paid or free.)