How to open an existing template I've made?

Sorry to see you seem to have a negative view of Pinegrow — in these forums I’m sure one can find your much more positive views – positive views based on acknowledged advantages of its features

Individuals, with their own priorities and particular resources (money, time for learning, needed features in their sites) need to make their own decisions (“horses for courses) about the tools they should invest in — just DO YOUR STUDY BEFORE YOU BUY – CAVEAT EMPTOR”.

Is it worth the money — only individuals can decide — just do yourself a favor – don’t buy CoffeeCup – which really is a waste of money – search for reviews, compare the features – after learning what the buzz words mean if necessary.

Hi there guys and thanks very much for both the info and the balanced discussion concerning alternatives.

@martin , thank you very much for the offer, however, I think I’m going to keep the application in the hopes of playing with it some time down the road to see if I can use it for future projects. It will be the first time I’ve worked with anything other than a text editor for my templates and it seems like a very solid base to start off with since I really like working with bootstrap.

@jo-r , I didn’t see it as an advertisement, just something I might have wanted to consider, since it is an application that works with my existing designs, where BSS does not. I appreciated the suggestion.

@printninja , your points are what made me decide against Pinegrow. I don’t like to rent my software and even if you buy their lifetime, you’re pretty much still renting it if you ever want it to be updated in a year’s time.

@Martin, Please remove the time frame for deleting posts. The OP of this thread replied to me on a post I deleted right after I posted it. There shouldn’t be any time limit that people can still click on the post and see what it said. When I delete something it’s because I wanted to have it removed, not left there in case I change my mind. Hopefully that makes sense and that can be done. :slight_smile:

I don’t think he needs to change anything since I didn’t click it, I saw it immediately after posting thanks to browser notification.

@Schwim It’s still strange, and clunky that it does that. I still don’t think it needs to be sitting there saying that it was a message deleted for an enitire day. Shouldn’t have to see that at all, it should just be deleted.

1 Like

I think once you delete your post, nobody can see what you wrote. Only the message appears that you deleted a post that will be gone in 24 hours. I guess this is to give you time to change your mind, in the event you want to put the post back.

Really, printninja, one cannot really say “your negative view of Pinegrow”, nor “…of the Pinegrow business model, or their billing system” , as it’s more general than that, more like “the SAAS model that seems to be slowly but surely taking up the bulk of the computing industry, both hardware and software”, which really does take it very far outside the purpose of these forums which was, is, and should remain imho “Welcome to the Bootstrap Studio community forum! Here users learn, share ideas and give feedback to the app developers.” Their “billing system” is VERY far removed from these forums’ overriding intent, and shouldn’t be arbitrarily neglected as it suits you. As you yourself, I think, in the past suggested one might be able to discuss such broader issues in one of the BSS Facebook groups. I think all would be grateful if you did so, and take this topic there, after an appropriate apology.

Agreed. I apologize for my topic drift, and I apologize on behalf of @aussieexpat, who made the initial Pinegrow promotional post (that had nothing to do with Bootstrap Studio being unable to open third party templates) - a post which I never should have I responded to.

All of those responses have been deleted.

Actually you can see what someone wrote if you click the pencil icon (edit) above that persons post for up to the remaining time before the post has been completely deleted.

Yep you can. That was my main point.

Then yeah, this is an (potentially) embarrassing problem!

Greetings aged pensioner!

I learned cobol and basic when I got started back in the early 80’s.
:upside_down_face:

Nick