I need to learn how to create a shopping cart to send orders via whatsapp

I’ve been looking for a way to do this for months and I’ve never found it, I’ll cite an example, a hamburger shop, let’s say the customer wants to buy different sandwiches, different sodas and fries, I’d like to learn how to make a website that adds all the items in the shopping cart and then send this order by whatsapp to the store.
I’ve been researching this for months and I’ve never found a solution, an answer that really meets this type of service, if any of my friends has already done it, knows a tutorial, or knows how to explain how to do it, I’d appreciate it.

Not sure it fit your needs but n8n comes to mind. It’s a self hosted Zapier alternative, well, even Zapier in the free tier. You could search for something like “Chatbot WhatsApp n8n” as a starting point.

I’m not sure how it’s done but this is how I’d do it:
Send the order via a POST (not sure how it’s done but like a form maybe?) to n8n, parse, and forward as a message to the store via Twilio WhatsApp API (or WhatsApp Cloud API).

You can install n8n desktop to try it and if you manage to get it working then you should deploy on live a server bc the desktop version is intended to be used on local or testing environment not a 24/7 solution.

About the shopping cart I think BSS is enough.

Also, take a look at whatsform.com

wdyt?

1 Like

i did, for few months ago when Reflow in first release.
It not what you exactly look for, but imo, it has close concept.

When you click the product, you’ll redirect to WhatsApp chat with prefilled information from product

1 Like

This need of mine can be met by the BSS team, I believe it is not so difficult.
It is enough for the fields with X in red to be replaced by others, such as:
Email, becomes the name;
Phone, it can even be ignored, since requests will be made by WhatsApp;
Country, becomes the full delivery address;
Next button, it becomes send message.

@martin would it be possible?

This type of customization is not possible with Reflow. You need an entirely different checkout process. Will the store owner only use reflow as a product catalog without order processing or payments? In that case maybe using a regular CMS with an order form which redirects to whatsapp will be a better fit.

1 Like
<a class="btn btn-primary" href="https://wa.me/Input_Your_WhatsApp_Number_Here?text=Hello, I want to order this delicious hamburger 11-22-33 " rel="noindex, nofollow" target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary" role="button">Order</a>
1 Like