Importing Themes

Hi,

I know you can’t directly import a template, but instead need to do the drag ang drop of individual files, but looking at the documentation for GetBootStrap.com - Guide - Bootstrap Themes

Do I still need to do the steps such as:

1. Install a theme’s dependencies from your command line via npm. (i.e. npm install)
  2. Run a “watch” or “build” command powered by Gulp, Grunt, or Webpack build tools. (i.e. npm start or gulp)
  3. Open your browser to your local server’s address (i.e. open Chrome to localhost:3000)

I have to mention that Bootstrap Studio is entirely separate from the Bootstrap project and the themes they provide. So you will need to follow all the build steps for their themes. After you get the final CSS of the theme, you can import it in Bootstrap Studio.

Next will be recreating the pages of their theme in your design by dragging and dropping components. You can alternatively just import the pages of the theme, but this will result in custom code.

Thanks. What’s the downside of custom code vs doing all those other steps?

Custom Code can only be edited as HTML source code. No drag and drop is available for the elements inside it, and you can select elements and change options visually.

Ok, understood. Thanks!