MaterializeCSS

I recently purchased the Boostrap Studio and am very please with it. It helps a lot on my current project where I use twitter bootstrap for the app with enormous amount of forms.

But I also use MaterializeCSS framework that has very similar syntax to bootstrap, eg:

<div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6 col-lg-3"></div>
would be
<div class="col s12 m6 l3"></div>

So I was wondering if it would be possible to make custom css and js import and custom components to use other frameworks as well.

Just a thought.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our forums!

I am happy to hear that you find our app useful. Materialize is a great framework that I am sure that a lot of developers prefer it over Bootstrap. But it won’t be as simple as importing a CSS file - the application will need to have support for every component and every possible feature of Materialize. Not to mention that there are several competing material design frameworks at the moment.

I think that it would be best to keep Bootstrap Studio focused on Bootstrap, and instead focus our energy on making it better.

MaterializeCSS is made by Google…

if you become too dependent on one big company… its is not good
google is too curious for me.
I dont’t even like the google-fonts. And I hope in the future we can import our own fonts in Bootstrap Studio :slight_smile:

So keep focus on ONE System and that should be Bootstrap

@Martin thanks for the answer. Makes sense :slight_smile:

@Frank MaterializeCSS is not made by Google, Material Design is done by them and Material-UI is, as well as Polymer. MaterializeCSS is done by a group of devs totally independent of any big company, just driven by the Material Design idea :wink:

I prefer Open Sans and Ubuntu fonts. But there is not much webfonts that I can use because mostly I have to support non english characters.

And you can add custom fonts in BSS, just edit the html and import the css for webfont you want and add

*{font-family:“Ubuntu”,sans-serfi} to the custom css and you should be good to go. But it would it awesome if we could add custom Bootstrap themes and fonts, I agree.

I really like this idea, especially since manually writing MaterializeCSS is quite difficult. They don't dive deep into their features, or lack some features I like in Bootstrap. I prefer the MDL look and feel though.