More control over text (namely, Small Caps) in Appearance Tab

I’m loving Bootstrap Studio so far. I just wish I could do more with the text with paragraph styles like Small Caps or auto Capitalization. Some of the fancy stuff you can do with InDesign or even Word. Are these currently features or in the works?

Hiya @Neon and welcome to the forums!

The Capitalization is already in the app. If you select text in the visual preview or a text component (p, h1…, etc) you will see in the options panel a “Transformations” setting. You’ll find it there. Probably should experiment a bit with the app to see what everything is and where etc. Helps learn it better too.

Also the small-caps is in the CSS attribute called “font-variant”. Once again select your text component and either add it as an inline style or create a class for it.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @jo-r :smile:

I see your point. :thinking: I experimented more and I was able to utilize those features. I also found that there are fonts that just come in Small Caps format such as Alegreya Sans SC.

I still do think that the features are less accessible than it could be. Why not have both Small Caps and Capitalization as buttons in the Appearance tab next to the Bold-Strikethrough buttons? It would be nice if it was more intuitive. Bootstrap Studio’s visual prototyping is what lowers the barrier of entry so much after all.

Thank you for your input!

I know your pain, and I don’t think a lot of people have suggested things to do with Text too often.

+++ 1
I do agree also, it would be nice to have the Small Caps in the right panels, since Capitalization is already there in the Transformations of the Options tab it would be logical to put it there I would think. Who knows, there may be a reason why or we may see it in a future update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahaha thanks to you I figured I should clarify the title of the thread :smiley:

Edit: More control over text (namely, Small Caps) + " in Appearance Tab"