Moved from webflow to bootstrap studio, love it but

Hi Guys,

As titale moved over from Webflow to BSS and absolutley love it. I am now currently re-working all my webflow sites to BSS. One question though, I am running local fonts and in PSI and I now getting the Ensure text remains visible during webfont load comment, I thought I could just add font-display: swap but it turns out I can’t. Can anyone advise best way to implement display swap in BSS.

Thanks John

Hiya @johntankard and welcome to BSS and the forums!

I would highly suggest taking a tour through the Docs (top menu and also accessible within the app), so you can familiarize yourself with some of the more obscure as well as basic features of the app. From you’re post I really can’t tell if you have any coding experience so if you do then it shouldn’t take long to get through the docs and understand how it all works. If you don’t, you might want to get some tutorials under your belt on HTML, CSS and Bootstrap. There are lots of great tutorials out there that cover those topics, and you’ll want to have a bit of knowledge on those topics to make BSS be a more productive app for you as well.

Hopefully those avenues will answer most of your basic questions, but don’t feel you can’t ask in here. I’m just pointing to the more basic places to get you going better. Many of the things we ask questions about are covered in the Docs for the app.

Good luck and once again welcome!

Hey,

Currently we add font-display swap to fonts imported from Google Fonts, but for custom fonts we don’t set the rule. We will add this in our next update. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for that, nice that a company actually listens and implements features that are recommended. So far, I am very happy leaving webflow for Bootstrap Studio… :+1:

Hi Martin,

I have just downloaded V 6.0 which seems great, one thing relating to the custom font swap issue as stated above. I removed my custom font and used a google font and in the export settings I changed it to the download Google font option. I uploaded my site and when I run page speed insights I still get “Ensure text remains visible during webfont load”

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks John

Would it be possible to share a link so we can take a look? Downloaded Google fonts should have display swap set.

Display Swap Site Link As Requested

Hi,

Did you manage to look into this?

Thanks John.