NAV bar is different across pages, what is the Boostrapstudio way?

Changing the Navigation bar on the main page(index.html) does not reflect on the other pages.

This should be simple, but I could not figure out the way it is expected to be done in Bootstrapstudio. Here is what I do:

1. Duplicating index.html seems to be the right way to create new page for the web site, correct? Now I have a new page and I add new entry in my nav bar that points to it

2. Duplicating the index.html creates a COPY of the NAVBAR rather than linking it to a FRAME/Resource that is shared between pages. This means any change is reflected only in the current page I am editing

3. I tried creating my own component, but I could not find how to update the component independently, so it updates across all pages. Now, this new component always shows on the left side of the tool under 'User' like it is a standard NAVBAR when it isn't, it is specific only to this current "website design" - If every shared resource becomes a component this will make the tool UI overwhelming when trying to create different websites.

Of course, I could make shared resource by adding "custom code" to the page and duplicating does the trick, but this would make the tool pointless.

I tried the forum search, tons of topics about NAVBAR responsive issues, but nothing about shared resource and NAVBAR consistency.

What am I missing?

I am trying really hard to make use of the tool, but so far I have difficulty recognizing it as a website builder. Because a standard feature such as NAVBAR across pages is not working out of the box and is not intuitive to add. Adding new page after the initial "create" can not use template pages from the theme, etc.

ps: I just posted and my bullet list got modified from 1-2-3 to 1-1-1.... I edited the post to manually type 1-2-3 again... the irony considering the topic, to have the Forum post generator/preview producing similar outcome :D

Have you gone through the tutorials? I know they are old, and out of date in many things, but some of the things are still intact the same way as they were at teh time of the tutorial making. One of them is for Linked Components which is what you're looking for.

I'll let you do a search on the forums here and check out the tutorial areas as it's all explained there as well.

Perhaps my explanation was not clear

1. I tried creating my own component, but I could not find how to update the component independently,

I did read the tutorial, I did search in the forums. Thanks for the schooling.

I tried the forum search, tons of topics about NAVBAR responsive issues, but nothing about shared resource and NAVBAR consistency.

At least you confirmed the key is "Linked component".

Seems that my experience is consistent with the experience of another newcomer from November who also got similar response https://bootstrapstudio.io/forums/topic/are-there-master-pages-in-bss/ Bootstrapstudio should really update their marketing and tutorials.

Have a nice weekend

I wish I could disagree with you on the tutorials and marketing, but unfortunately for those of us that have used it for years, we end up having to constantly repeat ourselves over and over due to the lack of information about a lot of things with the app. Not your fault or mine, just that they apparently don't have the time to do it I guess and if I'm honest with you and myself, I do tend to get a bit resentful that we on the forums are expected to pick up that slack.

Anyways yes it's called Linked Components in here and there is a section in the tutorials on how to use it. :)

...could not find how to update the component independently, so it updates across all pages.

Yes, I have to agree... clear as mud. Components can't be totally independent if they are linked.

What selection you use to "copy linked" is where you should make your changes. I usually get the nav the way I want it on page 1, and the go back to page 1 if I want to make any nav changes, etc.

Most people want to start off running, and then when they trip over their shoe lace (because they weren't ready to run) it's somebody else's fault.

Jo is 100% correct. It takes time to learn BSS and get up to speed. As far as marketing? You bought it, didn't you? There are very few things I don't like about this app, and nothing I don't like about the forum in particular.

It'd be great if everyone took the time to read and learn, but realistically sometimes it's just easier to ask a question.

That's one thing nice about the forum! Everyone is a legit user with a license. And this forum in particular has a lot of people that know what they are talking about.

Best thing you can do is watch the tutorial videos, build the sites along with the videos and read all the forum tutorials twice. Also spend time reading up on what all the Bootstrap classes do. Then just spend a lot of time experimenting with the program. Eventually you'll find the same groove the rest of us did, and you'll appreciate how powerful and efficient BSS is.